DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strafing altitude drop -- damage or firmware

sketchy

Reactions
Been flying for a few months, had one tree collision that resulted in the mavic chewing up the tree and propellers, and a fall to the ground. Replaced the blades checked for damages, and everything seems ok. The Left rear leg does not stay in the lock position during takeoff, it had about 2 mm movement when taking off, besides that, it stays in place. I get the same movement after the spring snaps it in place.

I've flown for many hours since that collision and she's not had any problems. I recently upgraded to .600 and was testing her out at the tennis courts. Up, down, hover, all good. Though when strafing(video game term) left and right, she continued to drop in altitude, and landed herself on the tennis court. I've replicated this behavior in multiple locations. I don't think I had this before the upgrade.

I noticed that the rear propellers are not even (should they be?)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: CivamRop
About the rear props: They should be even with each other, and lower than the front set of props.

Descent from strafing seems odd. Mine might register 1ft at most of altitude loss when I send it hard to either side, or forward or back, but swiftly regains that lost foot every time. I hope your Mavic mystery ends with the discovery of a solution.

If you haven't done so already, I think I would do a PROPER IMU recalibration. Then, if needed, a recal of the sensors.

Reactions: CivamRop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty