DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Call from Unknown

I'm suspicious of the entire story and whether it actually occurred at all.

Not saying outright that it's a fabrication, but I expect something like this if it were occurring would get some attention and find it's way into the news, discussion groups, etc.

A substantial Google search, trying different terms, phrases, etc. turned up... this thread.

And only this thread.

That trips all sorts of suspicious detectors.

OP has not been back since the day he joined and posted this...I wonder why he would identify his friends house location...not actual address...but a good description of the location......whole story sounds fishy

Reactions: Aairon and Torque
Has anyone heard of this before
Sounds really strange. Never heard of this.

Today on her phone, filling the screen, was the message “someone has been observing your property”. Do you Approve or Not approve”.
Check which apps she has installed, any drone tracker app like DroneScanner? Also if the phone has Notification History, check which app sent that.

It doesn't sound very plausible, I'm not accusing you of making this story up, I mean, sure, phones currently have antennas that can detect RID capable drones, I have even tested it with a random Mavic 3 I found, but it won't just send you a notification or let alone a full screen message that someone has been observing your property.

Maybe the security system of the house detected it? Like cameras, thermal/movement sensors? Still won't explain why the drone would trigger it though.

Would like to know more info about it, following this.

Of course, everything you do is public. This is what happens when *all* of your details become available to anyone who wants them.

This is what I was afraid of being that we have no idea how these things happen but since we can't prove anything, can't place the blame on or point the finger at anything in particular. Can we blame RID, of course not? Until someone can prove the RID did this, the RID count will remain at zero....forever.
False alarm . My sincere apologies. My friend is an elderly woman whose husband recently died. I believe what happened is Apple sent an alert to her phone that someone had been trying to acces her network for 3 days. It was likely her daughter with a different device. When she picked up her deceased husbands phone it had the same message which she took a screen shot. Again my apologies for the false alarm.

Thanks for letting us know! I can relate. My Mom is 92 - she's okay with her online banking and emails, but other times she tells my sister and I things happen with her computer that makes us say..."What?"

I have had this sort of thing on my Android phone when the Bluetooth is turned on, it can be hard to delete. If it came via Bluetooth it would have been someone very local to her.

Somebody living in mom's basement starved for attention. :-(
The person who posted the message is 69 years old. They didn't post a video to look at. They didn't use any sensational language. The didn't post a link to follow. They didn't make any exaggerated claims. They didn't brag about something they'd done. They ultimately provided an explanation of what happened.

The person who reported the odd message is an elderly woman who saw something odd on her dead husband's phone and misunderstood it.

Who is living in mom's basement and starved for attention?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13