DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange message

Smecky

Reactions
Had this message today.
Do you have permission to fly in this area.
Anyone had this before.
I was nowhere near a no fly zone
Thanks

You were not within 5 miles of an airport and helipad (these are not no fly zones)?

Universities , sports fields etc are tagged as sensitive areas not NFZs. It's a new feature on your amazing new firmware. Welcome to the update

Yep. Something new to ignore.

The warning is there and for a very good reason. Regulations differ from area to area but it's difficult to know when you are close to an airport. I'd _highly_ recommend that people not ignore this warning.

In the OP's case, he's within 5 km of an airforce base and does appear to know this.

Reactions: locoman
In the OP's case, he's within 5 km of an airforce base and does appear to know this.

I'm not sure I get this. According to Google Earth, Keele University is roughly 34 kilometers away from RAF Shawbury. Am I missing something?

distance.png

I'm not sure I get this. According to Google Earth, Keele University is roughly 34 kilometers away from RAF Shawbury. Am I missing something?

View attachment 24090

That may be correct... I was just going by DJI's Geo map and, from what I could tell, a 5km distance.

None the less, if you look at DJI's Geo map, you were within a green area. That is most likely why you go the message.

I’ll take a look at that shortly. But why was there nothing highlighted on the map.

Highlighted on what map? The DJI Go app does not show anything like this.

Right ok so what’s this geo map.
Bare with me I’m new to this only been flying the last few months.
Took it to Keene with me as I’m working in some stunning countryside

The geo map is on their website. Shows you all the NFZs. Someone mentioned that you were in a green zone which should be ok?

They call it geofencing, basically not allowing flight at all in some cases, in other cases giving you a warning to check if any local rules to make flight inadvisable.
I tested my local airport out a while ago, within the NFZ about 2km out it would let me start, take off, lift up 2 metres (didn’t attempt any higher but I’m sure it would have let me), then I landed again.
Went down by the major airport boundary, and it wouldn’t even let me start up, just a warning on screen saying you’re not allowed to fly here (or such).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew