DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe lights and wraps are the Go!

Smokey5159

Reactions
Apologies that I haven't any photos or vids to prove this, but yesterday I took my MP to a beach in southern Adelaide, South Australia, with a red and green Strobon strobe placed just above each front leg extension (port and starboard). And I have just recently covered my bird with red slick-wraps. Well, what I can say is... Wow, what a difference!! I could see this Mavic so freaking easily with its red form from any angle - especially against the grey ocean (which it was at times when cloudy). On top of that, the two strobes (especially the red) were as bright as sunlight, flashing from 100's of metres away (when headed toward me) and pretty much from both sides and directly over-head too - I could still see the lights flash even at that acute 90° angle. What I would add though is that it would have been even better to include the the rear white strobe for directional purposes, as I'm led to believe it's even more distinguishable and it would mean you could determine its direction in a "flash" as it were. I've added that to my shopping list. When it got nearer to sunset just prior to calling it a day - the light display was awesome..!
Don't hesitate to aquire these if you are having difficulties seeing your bird - aannnd, get it wrapped in bright colors if not just for the visibility aspect, but because most birds I'm led to believe see the colour red (at least) as a warning sign - 'keep away, I'm deadly'... [emoji6]

DRONE QUADCOPTER MULTIROTOR LED GREEN STROBE LIGHT
Picture shows white strobe is listing is for Green! Hard to catch a picture of all of them!
Why Do I need Strobes? Aside From Being Just Darn Cool
FAA Rules for Unmanned Aircraft requires it! And helps you locate if lost!
When sUAS operations are conducted during civil twilight, the sUAS must be equipped with anti-collision strobe lights (this is NOT the lights already on your drone) that are capable of being visible for at least 3 statute miles. However, the remote PIC may reduce the intensity of the lighting if he or she has determined that it would be in the interest of operational safety to do so. For example, the remote PIC may momentarily reduce the lighting intensity if it impacts his or her night vision. Plus it also help you locate a lost drone as it has its own power source so wont stop flashing even if the aircraft power has been interrupted.!

Scroll down to see video DEMO of operation on Drone
or cut and paste this link to view in YouTube

US Based FREE same day shipping, no drop shipping and 90 day warranty on all lights! Questions? Email, Text, Or Call Us! Firehousetechnology.com

Simple solution for adding a Strobe light for safety and navigation assistance. Fully self contained NO WIRING NEEDED, rechargeable 70 mAh battery (5 hours of operation on single charge) with long storage life, Bright LED strobe , clear plastic coated and sealed to protect from elements, and simple velcro or hot glue mount allows simple installation on all brands of Quadcopters, Hexacopters, RC planes, or really anything! Listing is for one GREEN strobe (if you need WHITE,RED OR BLUE strobe or a set see our other listings). Does not steal from your Quad-copter battery flight times, does not require tapping into existing wiring (always risky). It has its own internal battery that is charged off usb, Just charge, stick and go! very lightweight (3 grams) and small size allows mounting multiple lights if desired for additional visibility. Mount as front or rear navigation lighting per FAA rules for flights at dusk/dawn or night! I have test flown these on all of my quads (pictures shown) and the difference they make compared to the existing lights on the quads is amazing. No change in flight control or speed as they are lightweight! Allows flight orientation from the max line of sight distance day or night! Works and looks great. A great addition for hobbyist or professional alike. 30 Day warranty on all lights , we don't sell what we don't test and use ourselves! We fly for Emergency Services Search and Rescue and were looking for a product like this we could adapt for our use and this small light does the trick!
US based in stock and ship immediately. We will post some videos on this page and Facebook that we shot during flight tests. Feel free to ask questions via email, text, or our Facebook Page and FirehouseTechnology website

Specifications:

Features
5 hours continuous operation with onboard battery.
Powerful 3W LED
No Cabling required
Easy to use single button interface.
On board battery status and charge indicator system.
Compatible with all 5V MicroUSB cables and chargers.
Contact Pads(L+ and L-) for the external LED support.
Battery with internal overcharge and discharge protection.
Usage
BATTERY STATUS: Press the button then release to learn battery status when it is OFF.
(1 blink:Need Charge, 2 blink: It's OK, 3 blink: Fully Charged)

ON/OFF: Press and hold the button for 3 seconds to turn ON or OFF

CHARGE: Plug it to any micro USB charger or computer port when charging required.
- The LED will blink with very short bursts when charging.
- The LED will blink with 1 second ON / 2 seconds OFF pattern when the battery is fully charged.
It takes 2 hours for empty batteries.
Notice: The battery includes it's own PCM module. This module protects the battery from overcharge and discharge for long lifespan. If there is no life sign on the circuit when you press the button, probably discharge protection has activated because of low battery voltage. Just charge it.
Specifications
Dimensions: 22mm x 18mm x 10mm
Weight: 4gr
Current Consumption: <15mA per hour
Charge Port: MicroUSB
Charge Current: 40mA mmax.
Charge Time: ~2 hours
Battery Type: 70mA LiPo Battery with safe and reliable PCM circuit.

Reactions: RAMJET-1 and JC1031
You can buy them @ flytron.com in the UK. I use them on a regular basis with Velcro on the Mavic or a P3 . They are about 2cm by 2cm , very light, built in usb rechargable battery.
These are much brighter than the Mavic lights and make the quad very visible from long distance if desired, especially if you use several. It seems for big birds these extremely bright lights are a deterrent. They come in several colours. Red,blue,white. Battery lasts at least 6 flights from my experience.

You can buy them @ flytron.com in the UK. I use them on a regular basis with Velcro on the Mavic or a P3 . They are about 2cm by 2cm , very light, built in usb rechargable battery.
These are much brighter than the Mavic lights and make the quad very visible from long distance if desired, especially if you use several. It seems for big birds these extremely bright lights are a deterrent. They come in several colours. Red,blue,white. Battery lasts at least 6 flights from my experience.

There are 2 versions, the standalone and the Cree standalone. The Cree is much brighter and costs a couple of quid more.

I have white and red STROBON Cree strobe lights in stock. If interested, you can buy them from me here.

Reactions: RobP62
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn