DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Struggling with YouTube quality - Bluebell Forest

alexb77

Reactions
So I recorded a bluebell forest earlier today and am trying to get it to look good on a YouTube channel I just set up.

I've used Final Cut Pro and I set the project to the settings of the video it was filmed in, so 4K, 4096 × 2160 at 24p. I've then uploaded to YouTube via the Final Cut Pro Share setting, again matching everything to those settings, and selecting best quality etc... The result is not great in my view.

Also it only seems to be playing at max 1080p, but maybe the 4k version is still processing. Its just very far from the superb quality footage I see out there. Can anyone recommend anything to try? Taken on a Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Ripper7620
II think basically the flowers are a touch over-exposed, you could probably improve things in post by pulling down highlights or drop the exposure a a touch then perhaps lift shadows if need be.
It looks pretty good playing at 1440 but at 1080p there's some smudging in the intricate detail.
If you ever tried to do serious photographs of these that's difficult to get right too.

So I recorded a bluebell forest earlier today and am trying to get it to look good on a YouTube channel I just set up.

I've used Final Cut Pro and I set the project to the settings of the video it was filmed in, so 4K, 4096 × 2160 at 24p. I've then uploaded to YouTube via the Final Cut Pro Share setting, again matching everything to those settings, and selecting best quality etc... The result is not great in my view.

Also it only seems to be playing at max 1080p, but maybe the 4k version is still processing. Its just very far from the superb quality footage I see out there. Can anyone recommend anything to try? Taken on a Mavic Pro.

I'm a PC user, so I'm not familiar with Final Cut Pro, but in social media platforms massively compress your uploaded video, and the key seems to be uploading at a very high bit rate to help preserve the quality of the original. In Premiere Pro, I upload at a minimum bit rate of 100.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue