DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck in some 'upgrade loop hell'!

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Trying to upgrade to 1.03.0900. Turn on and connect Mavic and Goggles, and open DJIGo4 and hit upgrade. Have done 3 or 4 times, it does it's thing and is successful, but every time it's done and I open DJIGo, I get the message to upgrade! What gives?

maybe batteries need upgrade? I think the 0800 firmware version included a battery upgrade

You could run the desktop DJI Assistant and see what it says about upgrade?

Try DJI Assistant 2 - I always upgrade that way because it's very clear what version is installed in both the bird and the controller. Turn each device off before connecting to USB.

Try DJI Assistant 2 - I always upgrade that way because it's very clear what version is installed in both the bird and the controller. Turn each device off before connecting to USB.

Nope, went into Assistant 2 and everything said it was updated. I 'refreshed' each piece and done it again. (Mavic, Remote, and Goggles.) Then updated the firmware on the battery when I turned everything on, also updated DJIGo4 to latest version, and same thing!! 'New Update is Available 1.03.0900'

No clue what else to do???!!

yea but if you are checking the devices in the assistant app and it is saying they are already updated to 0900, then if I recall, the phone app needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled, because it is being stupid.

Reactions: geigy
I am in the same situation except mine won't upgrade it fails everything I am stuck on 0400 haven't had it week and only flew once.

.400 is the most stable version out there.
A lot of folks are sticking with that, and others are back-revving to .400.

I refuse to follow the upgrade path. Currently on .400.
Won't allow the GoApp to connect to the internet.
Updating every week or two is ridiculous and unwarranted. What does upgrading achieve except doubt and uncertainty and can very possibly result in a lost quad.
Screw that.... I want to be able to fly when i want and not have to deal with technical glitches and issues imposed by the manufacturer every 2nd week!

Well I won't worry about it. How do I go about getting the app to stop telling me I have to upgrade?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc