DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun hood for Mavic Pro

thestone11

Reactions
I want a sun hood for my Mavic. Any idea? I don't have access to any 3D printer. Anywhere I can buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

To use a full professional hoodman setup, or any ipad mini shade, this works.

complete unit CNC milled 6061 aluminum anodized.. and NO cannibalizing other controllers. I have used it for weeks now and won't use any cheap plastic setup.

Features:
  • Allows a full sized tablet like the Apple iPad Mini, Nvidia Shield, and iPad AIR to be used with the DJI Mavic.
  • MavMount plate was designed and is Made in the USA.
  • System includes CNC milled Anodized 6061 Billet Aluminum plate, and Heavy Duty ballhead with heavy duty spring loaded clamp. Does NOT require you to buy a clamp or canibalize another drones parts.
  • Weighted for confortable flight and won’t fall over on a table like cheap plastic or 3D printed plates that are unbalanced and require a hand or support to stay upright.
  • Strong enough to use a full Hoodman sun shade system.
  • Folds down for easy transport.
  • The MavMount enhances the flying experience for the DJI Mavic is every way by making it easier to see your live feed, operate the drone, and stop glare because every MavMount is compatible with the Hoodman hood solution, as well as most other store bought glare products.
  • Easy secure-slots hold your data cable in place.

Reactions: cdr
You can find the DJI Mavic hood here.

medium_2f69e2f5-a1b7-4e59-9b8e-1a396fb2ae85.jpg

I use the Hoodivision shades. After trying all sorts of shades this are the ones which work best for me as they are light and have the best angles to shade the tablets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
It looks kind of cheap in the photos, they don't even show it holding the phone, if it does, and $19?
Looks like it is more of just an umbrella solution that sits above the controller, it does not go anywhere near the actual phone itself.

Reactions: Aerial West
IMG_8638.jpg I'd suggest you guys use a hoodman full setup. even with these, you'll see your own reflection pretty bad, and light gets in from all angles. check this out. It's using an ipad air, but you get the idea... NO light.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe