DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Sunrise Over The Fog

I had a strobe on and was on a flying point above the fog so I stayed vlos. What could I do to make my videos better for everyone watching?
Been to Washington, PA many times. I was born and raised in the 'Burgh but left many, many years ago. Living in the Colorado Rockies now. Great video!

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot

I had a strobe on and was on a flying point above the fog so I stayed vlos. What could I do to make my videos better for everyone watching?
There are three things that bothered me about this video.

1. The color balance was very cyan or blue in the clouds.

2. No detail, whatsoever in the trees or foreground due to the sensor reading the light from the sun and very high dynamic range. Try to increase the shadow details and increase the sharpening of the trees.They all looked muddy and blurred.

3. Your logo or watermark remained on screen, and very large by the way, throughout the film. Quite distracting for me.Didn't care much for the font either. Simpler is better.

Dale
Miami

There are three things that bothered me about this video.

1. The color balance was very cyan or blue in the clouds.

2. No detail, whatsoever in the trees or foreground due to the sensor reading the light from the sun and very high dynamic range. Try to increase the shadow details and increase the sharpening of the trees.They all looked muddy and blurred.

3. Your logo or watermark remained on screen, and very large by the way, throughout the film. Quite distracting for me.Didn't care much for the font either. Simpler is better.

Dale
Miami
I had everything on auto setting I am kind of experimenting with the pro camera settings.

Hate to break it to you but I use that font in almost every one of my videos lol.
Like everything else in our editing, the fonts we use convey a message. The more complex the font, the more the font takes over from the subject. I always try for clean lines, and simplicity, and not draw attention to the font, but the subject. The heavy use of an outline to the letters is less elegant than a clean lined font, but of course, like everything else, it is only my opinion.

Looks underexposed — I think dialling up the exposure a stop or so would help. Shooting into the sun you're going to have blown highlights or blocked shadows anyway, but as the theme of the video seems to be "look at this cool fog" not "look at the pretty colours in the sky" I would expose for the fog, remembering that fog should be fairly bright.

Colour balance seems off — looks rather more purple than I'd expect.

I don't know how much latitude you have to play with these post-production and how much is baked in from the camera settings.

I had everything on auto setting I am kind of experimenting with the pro camera settings.
Auto setting will not solve the problem with High dynamic range images. The señor will read the brightest area and under-exposure the darker area. Unlike Photoshop, we cannot individually alter or edit only a portion of the image. All of the settings are global.

What font do you recommend is best to read?
There are any number of more suitable fonts to use. I'd suggest looking at several videos put out by professional sources on YouTube or anywhere else. Notice the simple clean designs to their titles and note what type of font they are using.

You might even take a few screen shots of what you may like, with your phone. Then scroll through fonts in your editing software or if you have it, in Photoshop and try and find the exact or closest looking font to what you liked.

There are also a number of free font suppliers on the internet, and you could just look through some of those sights to find a suitable font. You could also just do a Google search for best fonts suitable for video production. There are a ton of resources out there, for you to look through.

You might look through the many fine videos that have been presented on this forum by members. If you see one that you like, just send the OP a private message asking what font it was that they used.

I have a similar video and I'm not an expert by any stretch, but in regards to the fonts, they make a huge difference in the first impressions. It's like government offices that use Comic Sans for official statements, it's like that are you, 9?

Again, not a cinematic masterpieces, but see below. Font is from the family "Generica", clean modern and simple. Same with Century Gothic.

I have a similar video and I'm not an expert by any stretch, but in regards to the fonts, they make a huge difference in the first impressions. It's like government offices that use Comic Sans for official statements, it's like that are you, 9?

Again, not a cinematic masterpieces, but see below. Font is from the family "Generica", clean modern and simple. Same with Century Gothic.

Lol I agree. I found another font that looks more decent. Thoughts?

Attachments

• C03B3344-B7AA-4ED3-BC43-9C6316998F52.jpeg
    C03B3344-B7AA-4ED3-BC43-9C6316998F52.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1
Lol I agree. I found another font that looks more decent. Thoughts?
I tend to stay away fom any fonts that have built in "effects" like the shadowing. I'd prefer a cleaner font and then make those changes to my taste in post. There's a free site dafont.com that has a load of options for free use. I'd check it out and see what peaks your interest.

I tend to stay away fom any fonts that have built in "effects" like the shadowing. I'd prefer a cleaner font and then make those changes to my taste in post. There's a free site dafont.com that has a load of options for free use. I'd check it out and see what peaks your interest.
Thanks I’ll take a look. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark