DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s sunrise timelapse jan 12 2022

Very nice. I have been waiting for the same look in my sky's sunrise to shoot. Did the 17 minutes exhaust your battery?

I would suggest drastically lowering the shot interval from 10 seconds to 2.

Then you will get a good 20 second video clip at 25fps.

Your clip is about 5fps.

Only reason to use 10 second interval is if you want a really short and fast clip. 17 minute flight with a 10 second interval would have given you a clip of 4 seconds at 25 fps

Another suggestion - raise the gimbal so you get more sky and less ground (usually nothing happening so early on ground).

Below is a link to a sunrise timelapse from about a month ago. This one was made with my Mini2 from a series of 5-second exposures, gimbal pitch @+10degrees, altitude 180 feet, a bit chilly @32°F (ground temp), winds light @3-5mph (@180 feet). Video created in DaVinci Resolve.

Sunrise timelapse on a frosty morning.

Reactions: sarimento1
short clip, air2s at 300ft, breeze, ground level, about 12mph.
timed single shots at 10 sec, auto everything.
total elapsed shooting time about 17 minutes.
processed in LR and LRTimelapse.
a little help from adobe 'auto align layers'.
will try again sometime in hopes a bit more color.

So at an interval of 10 seconds, that equals 6 frames per minute. Multiply 6 fpm x 17 minute=102 frames. At 24 frame per second frame rate, 102 divided by 24= about 4.2 second show. I would try to vary the intervals. Try 2 or 3 seconds to slow down the jerkiness. You will definite have to take more shots, but at interval of 2 seconds=30 frame a minute x 17 minutes flying time=510 frames divided by 24 (frame rate) = 21.5 second show, and you can alter that speed in post. I use LR timelapse 5.8. You could fly lower to lessen buffeting winds at about 150 feet.

Dale

Reactions: sarimento1
short clip, air2s at 300ft, breeze, ground level, about 12mph.
timed single shots at 10 sec, auto everything.
total elapsed shooting time about 17 minutes.
processed in LR and LRTimelapse.
a little help from adobe 'auto align layers'.
will try again sometime in hopes a bit more color.

Impressive cloud movement and colors!

So at an interval of 10 seconds, that equals 6 frames per minute. Multiply 6 fpm x 17 minute=102 frames. At 24 frame per second frame rate, 102 divided by 24= about 4.2 second show. I would try to vary the intervals. Try 2 or 3 seconds to slow down the jerkiness. You will definite have to take more shots, but at interval of 2 seconds=30 frame a minute x 17 minutes flying time=510 frames divided by 24 (frame rate) = 21.5 second show, and you can alter that speed in post. I use LR timelapse 5.8. You could fly lower to lessen buffeting winds at about 150 feet.

Dale
Thanks for the good thoughts, Doc!
Indeed, I use LRT5.8 (a bit reluctant to jump to LRT6 and relearn everything).
This shoot was a 'first time' for a timelapse from the drone, so it was a bit experimental.
BTW, always enjoy your video projects!

here's another sunrise timelapse attempt from this past Wednesday.
3 sec intervals, about 370 shots, also auto everything.
altho very slight breeze, the resulting frames still needed alignment.
that's where my photoshop program froze; the only solution for me was to shorten the stack to 270 frames.
i suppose i'm bouncing against the limits of my computer despite 64gb ram.

here's another sunrise timelapse attempt from this past Wednesday.
3 sec intervals, about 370 shots, also auto everything.
altho very slight breeze, the resulting frames still needed alignment.
that's where my photoshop program froze; the only solution for me was to shorten the stack to 270 frames.
i suppose i'm bouncing against the limits of my computer despite 64gb ram.

I think you need to use a dedicated video editor.

Photoshop is designed for still images,

Not sure photoshop can handle that many seperate images.

OP should try DaVinci Resolve. Free edition is full-feature video editor and creating timelapse video clip from a series of still images is EZ-PZ.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard