DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Superbowl

Hands up who thinks, despite all the precautions, that you'll have muppets trying to fly their drones in the vicinity?

Reactions: tlswift58
would Thumbswayup do instead of hands up?
Can temporoary no fly zones be communicated to the drone/app without wifi etc.?
I guess not but.......

Reactions: The Fat Controller
would Thumbswayup do instead of hands up?
Can temporoary no fly zones be communicated to the drone/app without wifi etc.?
I guess not but.......
I use NATS Drone assist (UK) and UAV Forecast before I fly for the most up-to-date info. Airmap is, as far as I'm aware, the USA equivalent to NATS for info on where to fly and current restrictions, but don't hold me to that. The problem is that the sort of people who fly over these major events either don't know the rules (or if they do they don't check them), or they simply don't care, or they think the rules only apply to other people. Sad, but true. But unfortunately it gets all drone owners a bad name. :(

I attended Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami back when they actually had an air traffic controller at the stadium to control all of the aircraft over the stadium. There was a constant flow of planes towing ad banners, sky writers, and blimps. A show in itself.

I'm starting a Superbowl Squares on how many drones will show up vs how many will be arrested. :)

Reactions: tlswift58
Hands up who thinks, despite all the precautions, that you'll have muppets trying to fly their drones in the vicinity?
IMO, where there is opportunity, there is idiocy.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
The 15mi radius from the stadium extends into the Gulf o Mexico by my house. Think I’ll keep it parked for the duration, not worth it. Plenty of Air Force flying over my house anyhow. Heard they’re deploying some anti-drone tech near the stadium. No idea which kind but guess we’ll find out, if used.

The 15mi radius from the stadium extends into the Gulf o Mexico by my house. Think I’ll keep it parked for the duration, not worth it. Plenty of Air Force flying over my house anyhow. Heard they’re deploying some anti-drone tech near the stadium. No idea which kind but guess we’ll find out, if used.
It was 30 miles from Ray Jay all the way around. I didn't break any rules and now I wonder are the restrictions lifted? Want to get the all clear so I can fly this afternoon. Anybody know?

B4UFLY, zoom out to see if it’s gone. Should show the written as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky