DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Superstition Mountains Movie coming Soon... just a teaser for now

looks a great place to explore are those drawings on the rocks ancient indian markings

Senseless vandals and their graffiti, so sad.
What? Oh, petroglyphs!
Nevermind.
;)

Well... hiked the Treasure Trail and on up to praying hands today starting 7am.

Stayed about 8 hours so I could avoid interfering with other hikers enjoyment and still get video. Despite having to use battery power for DJI updates on each battery (five I took).... and having to reformat the SD Card in the drone ‘cuz I apparently didn’t pack all my extras (darn!)... shot about an 75 min of video....

After getting home I discovered my iMac couldn’t read the card (would not mount)... likely have to do this shoot again for the Superstition video. This will delay Siphon Draw, the last section. Oh well...

Yes, no one is sure which tribe for sure... likely Anasazi. This canyon was full of those petroglyphs... dated about 75-100k years ago.
Those are probably from the Salado Culture, Thomas. They were not related to the Ancient Puebloans (Anasazi). They also left and disappeared from the area by 1100-1200 AD. I think it is safe to say thos pictographs were probably from the latest dates, less than 1000 years old. You can tell because the patina on the pecks is not that dark yet, making them so nicely legible still.

Beautiful designs, none the less!

Reactions: Thomas B
Those are probably from the Salado Culture, Thomas. They were not related to the Ancient Puebloans (Anasazi). They also left and disappeared from the area by 1100-1200 AD. I think it is safe to say thos pictographs were probably from the latest dates, less than 1000 years old. You can tell because the patina on the pecks is not that dark yet, making them so nicely legible still.

Beautiful designs, none the less!
Good info... Thx!

Good info... Thx!
Sure- kind of a specialty... ;)

I always have to just stop and think about what the landscape and people were like living there doing rock art like that, what their lives were like, what their dreams were about, hearing and seeing their families and children growing up there, a totally different lifestyle from ours. And then wonder the same about our future as well in those places.

Looking forward to your movie for sure!

Sure- kind of a specialty... ;)

I always have to just stop and think about what the landscape and people were like living there doing rock art like that, what their lives were like, what their dreams were about, hearing and seeing their families and children growing up there, a totally different lifestyle from ours. And then wonder the same about our future as well in those places.
True! The reflection on these topics made my stay there hours longer than intended.

Reactions: AMann
Those Darn Macs. I build my PCs and never have any issues. I use Samsung Android phones. I guess that is why DJI has Android on Smart Controller. Just saying.

I also can not wait for your video. Sorry to hear about the card issue. Hope you solve it. And great stills.
Thanks.
I did figure out the issue. For reasons unknown to me when my M2P reformatted that Sandisk SD card in the field it apparently wasn’t... just erased. Go figure. I have put a new card, same as the one mentioned above... worked fine without changing factory formatting.

So ready to go back and get those vids reshot at Praying Hands. Likely will be at least Friday. Then one more hike for video at Siphon Draw... not sure when as it’s a 10-12 mile trek to get these... then edit and compile!

Thanks.
I did figure out the issue. For reasons unknown to me when my M2P reformatted that Sandisk SD card in the field it apparently wasn’t... just erased. Go figure. I have put a new card, same as the one mentioned above... worked fine without changing factory formatting.

So ready to go back and get those vids reshot at Praying Hands. Likely will be at least Friday. Then one more hike for video at Siphon Draw... not sure when as it’s a 10-12 mile trek to get these... then edit and compile!

Wait! Erased files are recoverable. Do you have a copy of SanDiskRescuePro? Dont use that card until you recover the files, they merely have had their names changed so the system thinks they dont exist and can write over them.

Here:

Reactions: Thomas B
Wait! Erased files are recoverable. Do you have a copy of SanDiskRecover? Dont use that card until you recover the files, they merely have had their names changed so the system thinks they dont exist and can write over them.
I’ll give that a try! Thx!

Wait! Erased files are recoverable. Do you have a copy of SanDiskRescuePro? Dont use that card until you recover the files, they merely have had their names changed so the system thinks they dont exist and can write over them.

Here:
Got it running... a trick since my iMac wouldn’t recognize the SD card.... about 15 min to go on the SanDiskRescuePro attempt... cheap at $60.00 if it works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190