DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swarming Insects

Meer-Kat

Reactions
IMG_4495.JPG IMG_4496.JPG It was a sunny, warm day here in San Diego and I accidentally flew through a swarm of insects. I could see them on my screen but it happened too fast to think about recording it. When the Mavic returned home 15 minutes later the leading edges of the props were a little "juicy". I had to clean them and some of the sides with a damp paper towel. Weird and surprising but no damage.

Reactions: jackgarner
Oh my god the exact same thing happened to me in LA yesterday. I think it was some wasps because when I came in for a landing 3-4 angry wasps were still attacking the mavic!!

I was attacked by a swarm of bees one time... they literally flew up to me and swarmed around.... when I landed you could see the carnage on all the props.....

I'm wondering if the sound/vibrations of the Phantom I was flying irritated them in some way causing the swarm?....

I was attacked by a swarm of bees one time... they literally flew up to me and swarmed around.... when I landed you could see the carnage on all the props.....

I'm wondering if the sound/vibrations of the Phantom I was flying irritated them in some way causing the swarm?....
Was it a Phantom or a Mavic? I'm curious because the Phantom was believed to have a frequency relating to bees. I wonder if the Mavic does.

Was it a Phantom or a Mavic? I'm curious because the Phantom was believed to have a frequency relating to bees. I wonder if the Mavic does.

Haha.... Phantom??.... really did you hear something about this? Interesting!?

Years ago a guy was killed by giant hornets in Japan. He was using a weed eater and the sound attracted a swarm to him. Crazy what you have to think about huh? Birds, bees, humans with guns dialing "911". Lol. Hazardous hobby. [emoji28]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp