DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching apps when using way points

True fly

Reactions
Ok I was playing around the other day with my litchi app setting up some way points and when I went out and started to fly them I decided to switch to the go 4 app and found that the way points were on the go 4 app but only the ones that weren't flown yet the 2 that the MP had all ready done weren't there but the others were and it finished the other 3 as per programmed in the litchi app witch was a surprise as I prefer the go 4 app but don't like its way point set up as you have to fly the route to set the way points but with litchi you don't so long story short you can set you way points with litchi and add a extra start one to give you time to change to GO 4 and let it take over

Not certain about this, but wouldn't you need to cancel your Litchi mission to clear the uploaded instructions to the Mavic, before getting full control back if you choose to use a different app?

I found it just transferred the data to the go 4 app all way points showed up on the go 4 app and as for getting control you have to cancel the mission on ether app when it's in way point mode it seems that once the mission is programmed into the MP from the litchi app and you then switch to the go 4 app that mission then comes up on the go 4 app as if it was put in from the go 4 app

so is it that the Magic is transferring the data to the Go 4 app rather than your phone/tablet carrying the data from app to app.

so is it that the Magic is transferring the data to the Go 4 app rather than your phone/tablet carrying the data from app to app.

This is correct it seems that what is programmed in to the MP will transfer to the other app haven't tried it with the other features as the waypoint feature is about the only one that you would need to do it with

That being the case, this opens up the option of pre planning way point missions in Litchi and flying them using the Go app.

Reactions: True fly
That being the case, this opens up the option of pre planning way point missions in Litchi and flying them using the Go app.

I was that happy when I found out that it could do it but do remember to add a extra waypoint in at the start to give you time to switch apps

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31