DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching between ipad mini / iphone

allrightchill

Reactions
Newbie question:

When going back and forth between an ipad mini and my iphone, in the dji go 4 app, does the settings remain constant / consistent ? or does the app settings on the device override ?

Newbie question:

When going back and forth between an ipad mini and my iphone, in the dji go 4 app, does the settings remain constant / consistent ? or does the app settings on the device override ?

I personally did that today between the Crystalsky monitor and my iPad, so that would be between and android device and an iOS device. My settings remained the same, I did not turn the aircraft or remote off. I have done it between 2 iOS devices in the past with the same result. It would be important to make sure both devices are on the same version.

Just wanted to 2nd what Florida Drone Supply said. I have swapped between iPad mini 4 and iPhone 7 plus and all settings stayed the same.

HI RCKable

I intend to do almost the same switching from an Ipad mini 2 to an iPhone 7 plus.
What above you experience switching from large screen to a smaller one?

What above you experience switching from large screen to a smaller one?
I prefer the iPad over my iPhone simply due to the larger screen, and when you are in "direct" sunlight the iPad does better with its brightness. I would recommend the bigger screen but if you are going to use the arms of the RC to hold them, the feel with the iPhone is more natural, the iPad makes your hands sit at a weird angle. I bought a $20 mount off amazon and have liked it so far.

Ive seen people question the iPad mini 2 ability to run smooth, and not overheat so just for ease of mind do a little searching, here and on DJI forums for the iPad mini 2, I personally do not know how well it does or if there was really issues, but its a DJI supported device
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

I use an IPad 2 way too large to fit in the arms and have been juggling it in my arms while flying. Hardly optimal. The large screen is great, DJI products seem optimized the Apples iOS. With my Samsung 7 Android phone the app stability leaves something to be desired. When the app crashes and you have to restart it, the Mavic has been great about hovering there and waiting, but it's still a bit disconcerting.

I use an IPad 2 way too large to fit in the arms and have been juggling it in my arms while flying. Hardly optimal..

I got the Mavmount holder for my iPad2 and it is working out great. I had some misgivings before I got it - would it be too heavy? you can't see the controller -- but in practice, these haven't been a problem at all. It's not that heavy to hold for the 20 minute battery life and you don't need to see the controller. Everything you need to see is on the iPad.

It depends on which and where the settings are stored, most flight settings are stored in the Mavic itself, app settings are stored on the iDevice. I use 3 different Apple devices without to much hassle depending on the mission

I got the Mavmount holder for my iPad2 and it is working out great. I had some misgivings before I got it - would it be too heavy? you can't see the controller -- but in practice, these haven't been a problem at all. It's not that heavy to hold for the 20 minute battery life and you don't need to see the controller. Everything you need to see is on the iPad.
Hey, thanks for the info. I have to buy a holder. Cradling the IPad2 in my arms like a baby I don't want to drop (and dropping it anyway a couple of times LOL) and using the remote with my hands, is hardly the optimal approach! To prefer this, over using my Samsung 7, shows how BAD the app works on Android devices. Atrocious. BUT, a larger screen is nice regardless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa