DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

T

I've been recommending their LUT for as long as I've been on here. It's cheap and good, and if you are unhappy with it it's free. Can't beat that. It makes a really good starting point for processing IMO. Also if you use apps like LumaFusion, it can use LUTs.

I've been using his LUT's in FCP, just wish there was something similar for DaVinci Resolve.

So their LUT won't work with Resolve? I've been thinking about buying it but I use Resolve.

Thanks for the tip. I was all set to buy the Polarpro LUT pavkage. But now I'm on the fence. Has anyone tried the Polarpro LUT's?
Elektra - Cinematic Color Presets | Mavic 2 Pro Edition

Yea I have those, the Film Poets and a few others... There're not that expensive but if you have to pick one, I guess I'd probably go with Polar Pro just because they have more options. They also have a warranty.

I believe I used "Electra" on this edit. Not a great example but gIves a baseline idea.

This video i used DJI's lut or Skygrade natural... Hahaha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagledrone
I second the OP's recommendation, Matt has some very nice LUT's but Paul A is correct, you can fiddle with the DJI LUT too, it all comes down to "taste" me thinks.

So their LUT won't work with Resolve? I've been thinking about buying it but I use Resolve.

This is a reply from Matt Harris, Film Poets support, to an email request re Resolve.

"Hey Ken, yes these work well in resolve. I like to apply a SkyGrades Natural LUT to a node, then add another node and apply a Cinema LUT, then blend them down a bit until I like the look."

Cheers
Ken

Reactions: ottodawg
This is a reply from Matt Harris, Film Poets support, to an email request re Resolve.

"Hey Ken, yes these work well in resolve. I like to apply a SkyGrades Natural LUT to a node, then add another node and apply a Cinema LUT, then blend them down a bit until I like the look."

Cheers
Ken

Nice, have to give them a try!

So glad to hear that you guys like the SkyGrades LUTs. Just a tip - the Natural and Cinema LUTs are designed to be used alone or blended together. Apply two LUTs, one Natural and One Cinema, and dial them in so they equal 100% in any ratio, this gives you unlimited control over your film while keeping the process fast and easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt: I just watched your clip on combining LUTs and honestly, I didn't know that was possible but the results depicted were amazing. Gonna have to figure out how to do that in Premiere as I couldn't follow the FCP tutorial particularly well due to the differences in editors. Thanks again for your assistance to the community, I know there are MANY people that are tickled pink with your LUTs.

Gonna have to figure out how to do that in Premiere as I couldn't follow the FCP tutorial particularly well due to the differences in editors. Thanks again for your assistance to the community, I know there are MANY people that are tickled pink with your LUTs.

Hey, it's super easy in premiere. Just add two instances of Lumetri color (from the effects menu) and apply each LUT in the creative section. Blend with the sliders below and you're good to go.

Have fun!

So glad to hear that you guys like the SkyGrades LUTs. Just a tip - the Natural and Cinema LUTs are designed to be used alone or blended together. Apply two LUTs, one Natural and One Cinema, and dial them in so they equal 100% in any ratio, this gives you unlimited control over your film while keeping the process fast and easy.

I've made a walkthrough video for SkyGrades users here : skip to about 1:50 to see some examples. Remember to apply the LUTs from top to bottom to have the proper render order. SkyGrades Walkthrough - Mavic 2 Pro - Film Poets

Matt, the Skygrade LUTS are fantastic and work very well in Lumafusion. I like to be as mobile as possible so I edit on the iPad pro. Looking forward to seeing more videos on your youtube channel!

Reactions: The Film Poets
Are the LUTS from Film Poets compatible with Pinnacle Studio 23?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark