DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet or smart phone?

I like flying with my iPhone 7+, I just wish the screen was bigger.
Those of you that fly with the iPad mini - do you like it better than flying with a smart phone? Is the iPad mini to bulky?
I was just doing some research before I spend the $$$ to make sure I’ll like it.

I have just upgraded to an IPad mini 5. I purchased a MAVMOUNT which makes the iPad obscure the controller ... but no sweat ... mostly one does not need to look at the controller ... so far so good ... I really like the increased vision ... but I am a novice and have much to learn ... so I could be talking thru my hat ... but it’s been good for me ... releasing my iPhone X (also had good vision) to supporting my flying with say parallel met info ... winds & such ... the iPad dedicated to the drone feels more as part of it somehiw

I use at Ipad 2 mini - it fits perfectly on the controller where a smart phone would go - i always put it in airplane mode - only thing I recommend is you need a 90 degree cord to plug into the ipad so its not in your way as you hold the ipad and controller wings at the same time - furthermore, tablet view gives you the radar chart on the bottom left as well which aids well.

Only downfall is you need to upload the maps to it before you fly if you want to use the map flying feature. I don't use that map much and I just tilt the camera to see where I am - I have the joystick programmed for a quick 90 degree rotation of camera.

You will need a sun shade or go fly from the shady area.
I have stopped using my mini. When it gets warmer you will start having cutouts and really bad lag. The mini 2 doesn't have enough processing power to run GO 4

We don't get super hot weather in Nova Scotia, Canada - used it all last year with no issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu