DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet?

Racqueteer9

Reactions
So I've flown a few times with my Samsung Active 6 phone but it's real estate is rather limited. Also, last week I had some disconcerting moments when my Mavic completely disconnected twice and seemed to have a mind of it's own. It was only 20' away at the time and luckily I was able to catch the Mavic by hand. I'm wondering whether my problems were due to Android and/or fact a text message arrived right before it took off.

My Samsung Galaxy 2 doesn't seem to work since it's incompatible with DJI Go 4 and pixelates horribly with DJI Go as soon as drone starts moving. I'm considering buying an Ipad Mini 2 or Google Nexus 7 since these seem okay in reviews. Don't want to spend money for Ipad Mini 4. Any recommendations?

So I've flown a few times with my Samsung Active 6 phone but it's real estate is rather limited. Also, last week I had some disconcerting moments when my Mavic completely disconnected twice and seemed to have a mind of it's own. It was only 20' away at the time and luckily I was able to catch the Mavic by hand. I'm wondering whether my problems were due to Android and/or fact a text message arrived right before it took off.

My Samsung Galaxy 2 doesn't seem to work since it's incompatible with DJI Go 4 and pixelates horribly with DJI Go as soon as drone starts moving. I'm considering buying an Ipad Mini 2 or Google Nexus 7 since these seem okay in reviews. Don't want to spend money for Ipad Mini 4. Any recommendations?
The mighty msinger did a list of all know tablets I will try to post a link but do a search in the meantime.
Regards,
d.
I am sure msinger will be along in a moment regardless.

An iPad mini two works but if you can squeeze it out you can normally find an mini 4 16 GB with cellular (GPS) for $350 new or two hundred rebuilt on eBay. I am not an iOS guy but would recommend it for the Mavic.
Regards,
-d.
here is a list compiled by msinger
Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

Thanks,

Is there a reason to get GPS on tablet? Also, is 16GB large enough?
What advantage would the mini4 have over the mini2?

I used to use the Nexus 7 until I cracked the screen and it worked well with no latency and no breakup of the image. I replaced it with the Nvidia Shield and I love it. Works great and quite a bit brighter than the nexus 7. Cost $200 new on amazon

Nvidia shield sounds pretty good and price is right. Have you been flying it long? No disconnections?

Nvidia shield sounds pretty good and price is right. Have you been flying it long? No disconnections?
Here is a list from msinger Cheapest mini tablet thay works well
I own a shield and love it but it is having issues with android nougat and the DJI GO4 app, I am sure they will get a fix but right now it is frustrating and the app crashes once or twice a flight. If you do get the shield do not update beyond marshmallow.
Regards,
-d.

Go with iPad mini. I had a shield to many problems so sold it and got a iPad mini 4 and never a problem again.

Ouch, don't like the sound of multiple crashes so that rules out Shield. I guess iPad mini 2 might be what I go with unless someone can tell me what I'd gain with a mini4.

Ouch, don't like the sound of multiple crashes so that rules out Shield. I guess iPad mini 2 might be what I go with unless someone can tell me what I'd gain with a mini4.

If you get a K1 Shield and it's on 6.0.1. Marshmallow, it's not an issue. Mine works great. If it's on Nougat, you need to roll it back. I updated to nougat and it was crash crash crash. I rolled it back and it's been fine ever since.

Thanks everyone for input. I ended up buying a new iPad mini4 with 32GB without GPS for $329. Have only flown once with it but seems stable. However, I noticed a weird red outline of everything on display but not on photos. Don't know if I set something wrong on camera or what.

Thanks everyone for input. I ended up buying a new iPad mini4 with 32GB without GPS for $329. Have only flown once with it but seems stable. However, I noticed a weird red outline of everything on display but not on photos. Don't know if I set something wrong on camera or what.
You have focus peaking set to on in the menu, if you go to the camera menu you will see an option for focus peaking you can turn it off; the red lines indicate what is in focus in the depth of field.
Regards,
-d.

Im using S7 edge and Ipad mini and Both crashes from time to time. Once Every 10 flight og so. No big deal.

I bought a Lenovo Tab 3 I connected it up with the usb on the bottom of the remote to micro usb on the pad ...... No connection ?????? I then used the short micro to micro it seemed to connect no problem. I then connected the galaxy 7 via the bottom usb to the phone, again no go ......... went micro to micro all was fine? Anyone had the same problem?

I need a micro to micro cable but not too long. I have seen vids Ipads connected via the bottom port, maybe a no go with Android?

I bought a Lenovo Tab 3 I connected it up with the usb on the bottom of the remote to micro usb on the pad ...... No connection ?????? I then used the short micro to micro it seemed to connect no problem. I then connected the galaxy 7 via the bottom usb to the phone, again no go ......... went micro to micro all was fine? Anyone had the same problem?

Was the micro USB cable disconnected from the controller when you tried the bottom USB?
The bottom USB will not work when there is a cable in the micro USB slot.

Reactions: flateric
Make sure you disconnect the cable from the side of the RC.

Reactions: flateric
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998