DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tag Pilot connection problems

kyoung

Reactions
I trying Tag Pilot. When I start the app I tap Tag and Fly, but nothing happens. The app freezes. I'm guessing that the app is trying to connect to my Mavic and cannot do it. However, there it may be another problem because all I know is the app is non-responsive. Any thoughts on what may be happening? Is there another app that needs to be running in the background, or is there a required sequence for start the drone then opening the app, or should I start the app and then start the drone?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

When I start the app I tap Tag and Fly, but nothing happens.
Is your aircraft supported?

Supported DJI aircraft
  • Phatom 4 Pro
  • Mavic pro
  • Phantom 4
  • Inspire 1 (X3, XT)
  • Matrice 100 (X3, XT)
  • Matrice 600 (X3, XT)
  • Phantom 3 Std/Adv/Pro
The app freezes.
What iPad are you using?

I'm guessing that the app is trying to connect to my Mavic and cannot do it.
If Tag Pilot can not reach the flight controller it simply responds with 'Disconnected'.
You should have TagPilots GUI visible and you should see a map view of your current location.

Is there another app that needs to be running in the background,
No

or is there a required sequence for start the drone then opening the app
No, any sequence should work.

I did have some success today. I re-booted my iPad Mini 4, then I connected the Mavic to the controller. Without first opening the Go 4 app I opened Tag Pilot. When I tapped the Fly and Tag icon the app did open. However, I then closed Tag Pilot, Re-opened Tag Pilot, tapped Fly and Tag and the Tag Pilot app froze again.

I'm not sure why I would have to shut down my iPad Mini 4 and restart it before I can use Tap Pilot again.

Any ideas on what I could try next?

Thanks,

Keith

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle