DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take 1 or 2 drones

Take one. I took two everywhere for a while and realized its not worth it

Reactions: MrEddieNunez
i take 2 everywhere as if i take one i regret not bringing the other one. does not seem to matter which one is taken, a regret is still there. :)

in a good light zoom is perfectly adequate. the problem is when light is not there or if there is a really cool shot i would like to print later - just for web or small prints zoom is fine, but if you want a good poster from a big pano or single shot - pro sensor is way better for that.

one thing to add - as it is known, but, worth repeating - zoom pano super resolution mode is the way to get good shots. and on a single shot it is worth setting a rapid sequence and then merging those shots in photoshop to reduce noise, but, no matter how to deal with zoom noise is always there, and, it is an ISO 100 camera only, pretty much. plenty of limitations on the sensor, but, a zoom lens. pro - much less limitations on the sensor, but, no zoom at all. go figure what is better.

Last edited:
I would take both if you have the room.

You’re referring to the pro and zoom?

Yup, my consensus is I just don't need the zoom. The zoom capabilities to me are not on my top needs list. I usually now bring my air and my pro 2 because the air is so small I can carry it much easier for hiking etc or traveling light. IDC what anyone says even though the Mavic pro is "portable" when you take 4 batteries, lenses, case, cell phone, chargers etc it all adds up to weight. I end up finding I just fly one drone and that's all I needed. The other ends up sitting in the case, so like you're doing now I stress over I should bring both and then when I get home say eeh, I was fine bringing either one. Not like either are a bad choice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64