DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take a look - is this a saturation issue?

Justin36

Reactions
yellow%20mavic_zpsfpybyirn.jpg
Pretty sure I'm using all stock settings and I noticed on my videos of the trees some look highlighter neon green and the background trees look normal. What should I adjust? The trees and grass are NOT highlighter yellow!!!
sat_zpsifozumre.jpg

Last edited:
The image is overexposed in the upper photo. The flat lighting loses detail in the trees. I would come down at least .5 ev, and/or go to a cooler color temp as this is a bit too yellow looking. Make sure your sharpness is set to 0 or +1, not the default -1, which wrecks tree detail in many situations.

Was this a situation of mixed lighting, perhaps with sun on the foreground? The foliage appears too warm, even though the sky is a correct shade of gray. This is why color adjustment afterward is so important - no single camera setting will work for all situations, though there are those who will never stop trying.

Reactions: Justin36
Just for fun I color corrected your image in Photoshop. I deepened the shadows and removed a little of the yellow.
yellow trees after.jpg

Last edited:
I have been reading how the optimal sharpness is +1. Think I'll give that a try. My thing is I want to minimize post production.

Right - just pick settings that look OK, which usually means auto settings. I do find myself using the EV wheel to keep from blowing out the sky, while keeping ground detail from getting to dark. Auto white balance, or cloudy, is a good setting too if you want to set and forget. If later you want to get fancy, set white balance manually before you take off.

Need some color grading here. Despite what all those videos tells you... It is the easiest thing just to fly with auto settings. If you don't understand the process of colorcorrecting in detail... This is how it ends up. But you salvage your footage in most programs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign