DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take off and landing required by law? 150m away for A3?

winmeister6

Reactions
If I am flying my A2s now, do I still have to abide by 150m away rule for take off/landing? Or this when I am flying only? As example I will take off in a carpark, that is less than 150m but as soon as I fly, I will stay 150m away. Still not clear. Can someone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
@winmeister6 till the end of 2025 you can still fly your A2s under the old rules ,as a legacy drone
during the transitional period, which was extended till the end of 2025 go on the CAA website and check up on the drone code where it is all explained

Reactions: winmeister6
@winmeister6 till the end of 2025 you can still fly your A2s under the old rules ,as a legacy drone
during the transitional period, which was extended till the end of 2025 go on the CAA website and check up on the drone code where it is all explained
Now that I have IAA operator ID, UK operator ID, if I want to fly muy Air 2s in Croatia this summer, will I have forced to fly in A3, 150m away from people, buildings etc? Going for holiday in Dubronik, and 150m away from people will be almost impossible, because the town is so build up. Can you help on this? I have researched but not convinced myself of the rules!

@winmeister6 ,unfortunately the UK CAA registration that you have ,is not recognised in the EU,so you will have to register with the EU and get the necessary ID numbers and you will need to check up with the countries rules where you intend to fly

He has IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) registration, in addition to his UK CAA registration, so that should be fine.

I believe Croatia has a few local differences from the general EU/UK restrictions - but generally the EASA rules apply for the actual flight. You can fly your non-C marked drone under the old rules until the end of 2023 there. However you will need to register with the state authorities if you plan on recording video or photos though.

There's more information at the Croatian CAA website: CCAA - Hrvatska agencija za civilno zrakoplovstvo CCAA - Hrvatska agencija za civilno zrakoplovstvo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki