DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking a picture from a video shot with mavic pro

adbeal

Reactions
Does anybody know if I can take a picture from a video I shot with my dji mavic pro?

I stop my video's sometimes and take full screen or whatever screenshots .

Yep, any video editing software will let you do that, some players like vlc too.

I can't get a photo downloaded from a video from either of those apps.

I can't get a photo downloaded from a video from either of those apps.

It’s the easiest thing in the world. I just pause playback and do a screen capture. It’s usually a combination of three keys. I think CTRL and ALT and 3 or 4. 3 is entire screen and 4 is a portion, which is better. Otherwise u might end up with menu bar etc. I may have these keys wrong, every system is dif, I use Mac, and I’m not in front of keyboard rt now. But Just look up screen capture.

The problem with screen capture is it's low resolution... other software will export the full res image. Looks like the answer is already found, but I use FCPX and it lets you export a full size jpeg as the native resolution of your video.

Last edited:
The problem with screen capture is it's low resolution... other software will export the full res image. Looks like the answer is already found, but I use FCPX and it lets you export a full size jpeg.

Do you know if iMovie does also this ?

Does anybody know if I can take a picture from a video I shot with my dji mavic pro?
An alternative method (free) is to open the file with Virtualdub, with the ffmpeg input plugin installed. There is then a “save frame to clipboard” option in the Vdub menu, and paste into photoshop. This will give high quality, frame-accurate stills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_