DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking off with Unlock Code

Scottalmas

Reactions
I am on a short vacation to Myrtle Beach. My condo is near the airport. Before leaving for my vacation, I obtained and installed an unlock code for my Mavic Air using the condo address as the point for the code. We went to a nearby state park, still near the airport, and the unlock code did not work and I was not able to take off. Is this possibly because I was too far away from the point that I provided as the address for the issuance of the original unlock code?

So frustrating.

Probably.
You probably could have self-unlocked if you had internet at the 2nd site, unless it was a red zone.

State Parks in SC are NFZ's. If you could get one, it would require a different unlock code than what you had.
Park Rules | NC State Parks
Check the drone link...
It very well may have been a different unlock code that was needed cause it may have been a different part of the GeoZone but DJI doesn’t issue Geozones for state parks regardless of their rules so it wouldn’t have anything to do with the State Park

Thank you all for your responses. They were very helpful. The reason I did not request the unlock code from the position that I took off from was that I did not intend originally to take off from that position, nevertheless, it was still within the general area of the restricted flight area. I suppose my question is whether an unlock code issued for a Particular airport is tied to the GPS location of the point of original request or whether taking off from some radius from the original request, still affecting the same restricted zone, is allowed or whether a new unlock code affecting the same restricted area but taking off from a different locale is required.

I've not ever needed to request a custom unlock. Don't they ask for a radius? I know FAA authorization requests do.

I am on a short vacation to Myrtle Beach. My condo is near the airport. Before leaving for my vacation, I obtained and installed an unlock code for my Mavic Air using the condo address as the point for the code. We went to a nearby state park, still near the airport, and the unlock code did not work and I was not able to take off. Is this possibly because I was too far away from the point that I provided as the address for the issuance of the original unlock code?

So frustrating.

Most likely due to the radius you set in the unlock. You will need to do an additional unlock and increase the radius or do one for each location you want to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober