DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

testing a set of Carbon fiber props on a DJI Mavic Mini

Does not sound Mini anymore :oops:

Nice superimposure.

Not sure if it’s louder or just more annoying. I’m sticking with OEM for now. Maybe later after more reviews are out might try something different. Thanks for being the guinea pig. ?Will be watching

Wodering if it flies longer...

Carbon fiber props will make it fly 80 percent longer, be 30 percent faster, hover better and fly 60 percent further.

Carbon fiber props will make it fly 80 percent longer, be 30 percent faster, hover better and fly 60 percent further.
WOW why did not I do it faster. and you are getting your information from a crystal ball or harmontly sealed miracle whip jar

• Haha
Reactions: BroomRider
WOW why did not I do it faster. and you are getting your information from a crystal ball or harmontly sealed miracle whip jar
All known facts about carbon fiber. You put it on a car and not matter what it is... 10 more horsepower.

Reactions: IFlyhigh37
Everytime a new drone comes out, someone makes CF props for it. Not because the make any difference at all but rather... because they will sell.

Reactions: Phxbird57
Based on my experience, I believe that they will make a little difference but not in a better way. I would like to be wrong. Let’s wait and see...
Wodering if it flies longer...
Wondering if they'll prevent the "uncommanded descent" problem some MMs seem to experience --- I haven't seen any definitive cause being identified for the problem but there was speculation the OEM blades were deforming while in flight causing insufficient lift.

Wondering if they'll prevent the "uncommanded descent" problem some MMs seem to experience --- I haven't seen any definitive cause being identified for the problem but there was speculation the OEM blades were deforming while in flight causing insufficient lift.

Recalling some log analysis info, it's the back motors that max out in flight when uncommanded descents occur.
Are the rear props the problem with deforming ?
If so, what forces are applied to them to do this ? . . . The way they fold, they way they compress in the bag, etc ?

I would have thought they need to be severely 'flattened' to make such an event happen.
Usually, plastics can be pushed flat, and they bounce back when released, the problems may occur when stored for longer periods.

Coupled with the often seen not enough propulsion under load, even in sports mode into wind etc, I would have thought it's some sort of software / programming issue, a bug that's yet to be found and fixed.

I did read a thread where a pilot on here deliberately deformed 2 props in an oven and made the error appear in logs.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor