DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Tetagouche Falls, New Brunswick, Canada - 7 AEB Photo from a Mini 4 Pro - CPL + Auto Mode

The second image is the better of the two you showed but neither is great due to the high dynamic range, and contrasty image. Preidtablyk too much shadow and loss of details in the trees above the falls, and on. the right side under the overhang of the walls of the canyon. It can be fixed,somewhat, with proper editing. Also, a loss of details in the black wall of the front rock.

Before and after below .

Dale
Miami
unedited waterfalls.jpgFalls edited with Masking in Photoshop.jpg

Reactions: 4006448
I appreciate your input and the time you took to explain your pathways.

They are both taken using the Mini 4 Pro's 7 AEB photo with a CPL filter, and I tried to match it at closely to reality, but, im sure, added my 'flair to it' as well.

Thanks for viewing and Ill take your info into consideration.

EDIT: Heres a link to the raw files. Its 2 actual photos with 7 AEB exposed photos. All Raw. Anyone can try Raw Test - Google Drive

Last edited:
I think you did a great job. I can't see much of a difference, if any, in the ones Dale posted.
Keep up the great work!

I think you did a great job. I can't see much of a difference, if any, in the ones Dale posted.
Keep up the great work!
It was a really hard challenge to take this photo. Its in a tight canyon. Behind the drone is a 200 foot cliff, like 10 feet behind it. The water is making wind, it was a windy day. Light was beaming off the top of the falls and I was in a very dark area. I thoguht, hey, all this darkness and light might be an interesting photo.

It was hard to edit. Going to retry but if anyone else wants to try, heres the same photos raw, Raw Test - Google Drive

I appreciate your input and the time you took to explain your pathways.

They are both taken using the Mini 4 Pro's 7 AEB photo with a CPL filter, and I tried to match it at closely to reality, but, im sure, added my 'flair to it' as well.

Thanks for viewing and Ill take your info into consideration.

EDIT: Heres a link to the raw files. Its 2 actual photos with 7 AEB exposed photos. All Raw. Anyone can try Raw Test - Google Drive
to GFields and Jugs- If you do not see the difference, go back and look at the original, and see that there is no detail in the dark black shadows of the opposite shoreline, the trees above the falls, and the front face of the rock at 6:00. Almost everything on the right shoreline is black! Come on guys! Surely you will see that.

Jugs. You are welcome. AEB , or auto exposure bracketing, will come up with the best average exposure but it cannot fix everything. In the dark shadows of the right shoreline and the front rock face, the differences are black with no details vs good details.

Dale

Reactions: Jug's Life
to GFields and Jugs- If you do not see the difference, go back and look at the original, and see that there is no detail in the dark black shadows of the opposite shoreline, the trees above the falls, and the front face of the rock at 6:00. Almost everything on the right shoreline is black! Come on guys! Surely you will see that.

Jugs. You are welcome. AEB , or auto exposure bracketing, will come up with the best average exposure but it cannot fix everything. In the dark shadows of the right shoreline and the front rock face, the differences are black with no details vs good details.

Dale
I didn't read that Jug's Life was asking for critique. There is another forum for that.

• Haha

Dale
Jugs and GFields
Here again is an edit one one of your files using the masking tool in Photoshop.Please note the arrows in the unedited version and compare these areas to the edited version and then tell me that there is no difference.
You cannot see any details in the black rocks, or the trees in the background.
Dale
Unedited.jpgEdited with masking tool.jpg
I didn't read that Jug's Life was asking for critique. There is another forum for that.
Here are his words. "I cant decide which one I like more."

Peace and love everyone, peace and love. Dale is doing their part to be helpful. I appreciate all help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty