DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks DJI ... Goodbye

Nick Ti

Reactions
As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm certainly not refunding my pre-order due to a shipping delay. This is going to be an amazing aircraft. It'll be well worth the wait for me.

As soon as I saw the Mavic announcement, I got super excited, listed and sold my Phantom 4 right away and ordered the Mavic on the same day it was announced. Waiting 2-3 weeks was bearable being droneless. I had lots of plans for the phantom 4 that I had to put on hold. Now with the failed promises, lies and lack of information is just plain unprofessional!! It was getting annoying With the pointless universal copy and paste replies from all the customer support and now The official email from DJI "We will give you an update but we will not tell you anything... " What the heck!!! I hope tons of people start demanding refunds, I know I will by end of the week... It's a huge slap in the face not because of the delays, but because you take all our money and then treat this like a biggest secret in the world, like we are trying to get info from the pentagon, as if we are unconviniencing you by doing us a huge favor or something. This is exactly how your customers drop like flies. Lastly I'm sure this was forseen, and yet it was still presented with all these promises, just to stick it to GoPro and take customers from them. I'll be demanding my refund by end of this week, I suggest many do the same, this is the only way DJI will improve ...

Your post would be more believable if you replaced every mention of DJI and Mavic with "Zano" or "Lilly."

Show me on the teddy bear where DJI touched you or how much money Go Pro is paying you to troll us?

I'd rather DJI delay shipment if it is having production issues and get me a reliable craft vs something half baked.

Well it's not production issues, it was trying to beat Karma with false advertising issues and the lack of information ...

I have no beef in this because I will be getting the Mavic later on but, the way I see it, the more people ask for their money back the more other pre-orders will climb on the delivery schedule.

...and since, DJI, themselves, will be relieved as they seem to be overwhelmed by the reaction to the release news (...hence the circular, non-explanatory "universal" email...) the only losers in the process will actually be those cancelling.

Just my 2 cents....

WK

Reactions: Techcop50
I have no beef in this because I will be getting the Mavic later on but, the way I see it, the more people ask for their money back the more other pre-orders will climb on the delivery schedule.

...and since, DJI, themselves, will be relieved as they seem to be overwhelmed by the reaction to the release news (...hence the circular, non-explanatory "universal" email...) the only losers in the process will actually be those cancelling.

Just my 2 cents....

WK

Are you suggested those that are willing to wait should petition to get those that can't to cancel so that we then might move up in line? Hmm.. I wonder if I'm above that or not. :)

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait. Obviously you've never had to deal with waiting for something. These things happen sometimes, it's not the end of the world. I remember having to play the waiting game for my iPhone 6+, it seemed like forever, looked at iPhone 6+ news everyday, looked at accessories every day, and then that day arrived, I got it, and was thrilled. And that was the most satisfying part, finding out I had received it. Same thing for the Apple Watch, ordered April 14th 2015 and received it June 2nd 2015, it seemed like the longest wait ever, I remember one messageboard where everyone posted their emails about possible shipping dates.

It's not like you are waiting for some piece of crap like Onagofly or the Lily, which kept/keeps getting pushed back.

And honestly, you all sound like spoiled kids, they gave a perfectly good reason and a BELIEVABLE reason, they just weren't ready for such an overwhelming response. I haven't heard anything but glowing responses for this thing, millions of people want it badly. Including 1st time drone buyers (as seen on this messageboard). I can understand everybody's disappointment, but all it takes is a little patience. The time you wait for your Mavic will go pretty fast, before you know it, you'll all have it in your greedy little hands.

Well, come on, I see the OPs point. They're a new company and never before produced anything of interest so had no idea of demand, right? It might have been more helpful and certainly informative to give an idea of what they are going thru You know we expected X on go live but sales were XX and we are racing to meet demand.

But I'm going to continue to wait in line as I think the Mavic is an awesome bird and I can't wait to fly it. However, in the meantime, I will be flying my Phantom 3 Advanced.

Well, come on, I see the OPs point. They're a new company and never before produced anything of interest so had no idea of demand, right? It might have been more helpful and certainly informative to give an idea of what they are going thru You know we expected X on go live but sales were XX and we are racing to meet demand.

But I'm going to continue to wait in line as I think the Mavic is an awesome bird and I can't wait to fly it. However, in the meantime, I will be flying my Phantom 3 Advanced.
Well, I agree 100%, and its a awesome sunny day here in Northern California so I am going out to fly my P3A also, you all have a nice day!

Reactions: Tinman215
Well it's not production issues, it was trying to beat Karma with false advertising issues and the lack of information ...

Honestly I could care less about the Karma. I want the portability and everything in one package that the Mavic offers well over the Karma. I'm not going to be sticking the Karma in my ruck like I would the Mavic. If they didn't announce the Mavic for another 6 months, I still wouldn't of been interested in the Karma. If they announced the Mavic and said it wouldn't ship til November 2017. I would of still probably got in line for a preorder for the Mavic. I may have not been happy if they tried to charge me for it early though.

If you are ok with the Karma, cancel your order and order the Karma.

Yes...I'm a bit upset that there's a delay...but I will not cancel my order. Obviously, they're having an issue with something. What large company does NOT have there share of problems. Just look at Samsung's battery problems....and Apple's "bend gate"...Automobile manufacturers with their large recalls....etc...etc. That's all water under the bridge...IMO. In the end...they'll release an awesome product that a lot of customers will enjoy.

It does suck that they've delayed the shipments, but the fact is, DJI is the best in the business for consumer drones. The Mavic is so far ahead of the competition it's barely a competition. Just gonna have to suck it up and wait a little longer.

Understand the frustration, but look at the alternatives or lack thereof, stick with it, you have no choice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky