DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Alaska life in Seward Alaska using the Mavic 2 pro

JakeS

Reactions
I spent the last few days shooting video and spending tim with my family in Seward Alaska. I put together this short film shot with the Mavic 2 Pro. Alaska really is amazing especially when the weather is good! If you plan to travel here DM me if you have questions about flying drones up here. Enjoy

Very nice JakeS. Hope you and the family enjoyed your stay. Alaska is a beautiful place to visit and I'm sure you would never run out of interesting things to photograph and video.

Very nice JakeS. Hope you and the family enjoyed your stay. Alaska is a beautiful place to visit and I'm sure you would never run out of interesting things to photograph and video.

It is one of the most if not the most incredible places I’ve lived in the world. Currently live here and can’t imagine leaving anytime soon.

Thank you very much! It was a nail bitter to fly through it for sure lol. My heart was pounding

Ha ha I think I saw a little roll correction happening a couple of times [emoji51]

Lol oh there was a LOT of correcting going on. There was a lot of sweating too [emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: CJH92474
Really nice video, now I know where you took the cracking photo from you posted the other day.

Nice smooth flying especially through those uprights of the pier. Definitely took some nerve to do that??

The whale, wow.....? loved that part of the vid??

Reactions: JakeS
Really nice video, now I know where you took the cracking photo from you posted the other day.

Nice smooth flying especially through those uprights of the pier. Definitely took some nerve to do that[emoji106][emoji106]

The whale, wow.....[emoji2] loved that part of the vid[emoji106][emoji106]

That was something i was hoping to do but WOW following whales is WAY more dIfficult than I expected. You have only a few seconds to try and capture a shot and you are guessing as to where they may come up next. I got very lucky!!!

The uprights was terrifying but something I’ve wanted to do for years. Worth the wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
That was something i was hoping to do but WOW chasing whales is WAY more dIfficult than I expected. You have only a few seconds to try and capture a shot and you are guessing as to where they may come up next. I got very lucky!!!

The uprights was terrifying but something I’ve wanted to do for years. Worth the wait!

You done a good job, looking forward to seeing more vids/photos from ya??

Absolutely stellar! Great precision flight between the poles of the old pier... great thinking! Th capture of the whale pick is awesome! I appreciate the effort and thought involved from me trying to film manatees surfacing for air.

Absolutely stellar! Great precision flight between the poles of the old pier... great thinking! Th capture of the whale pick is awesome! I appreciate the effort and thought involved from me trying to film manatees surfacing for air.

Thank you! I follow a few drone pilots who capture sea life regularly and man my hat is off to you who do!!! It’s so much more difficult than I realized but the reward is SO worth it!

Reactions: Thomas B
I spent the last few days shooting video and spending tim with my family in Seward Alaska. I put together this short film shot with the Mavic 2 Pro. Alaska really is amazing especially when the weather is good! If you plan to travel here DM me if you have questions about flying drones up here. Enjoy

Nicely done!

Beautiful! Fantastic flying, perfect exposures, and good editing. You could sell this to the AK tourisim agency!

Beautiful! Fantastic flying, perfect exposures, and good editing. You could sell this to the AK tourisim agency!

Thank you and yeah that thought has crossed my mind [emoji57].

Great job! Reminded me of how much I love Alaska. Spent a lot of time up there over the decades. Saw my first whale in Resurrection Bay.

That was something i was hoping to do but WOW chasing whales is WAY more dIfficult than I expected. You have only a few seconds to try and capture a shot and you are guessing as to where they may come up next. I got very lucky!!!

Nice work Jake! Just a suggestion- “Chasing” whales and describing how you did that may be bad keywords to use on posts though, I would say you were “viewing” whales... ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer