DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Argument Against Banning DJI Drones Part 3 by The Droning Company Chairman Jon McBride

Could not agree more! I will say that I am an old RC guy from back in the day and I remember DJI back then (before the Phantoms)..I will just leave it at that...However, DJI is a vastly different company now. That can well afford to produce top of the line drones and they do.

A genuinely excellent article. Well considered and informative. Worth reading. I just hope that the red-under-the-bed paranoia and the sneaky brown-envelope lobbying by commercial 'stakeholders' stays on your side of the Atlantic, but I know it won't.
Three years ago I was approached by the chair of a City Council to provide information to a strategy group on the use of off-the-shelf consumer class drones by 'hobbyist' and small commercial users, after a little careful digging I discovered that their focus was on preventing privately owned drones from being used in or near what they referred to as "low altitude commercial air corridors" radiating from the hub of a partially disused City airport which had gained provisional planning consent for conversion into the UK's "first dedicated Drone-o-Drome".
At that point, I declined to participate. I'm sure they found another mug who was less likely to do their due diligence.
We, as a group, (owners of DJI drones) are being harried from two quarters on both sides of The Pond, commercial and Governmental - both antagonists have the clout to ignore the rights of the casual or small scale professional drone user. In the meantime, what do we do about it? Sit around, piss and moan, fight like cats in a sack over nothing and then sneer when anyone tries to form a national or international Union of independent drone fliers that MIGHT end up with the quarterback grunt to get our ball deep enough into their territory to make them sit up and take notice.... before it really is too late.

Last edited:
A genuinely excellent article. Well considered and informative. Worth reading. I just hope that the red-under-the-bed paranoia and the sneaky brown-envelope lobbying by commercial 'stakeholders' stays on your side of the Atlantic, but I know it won't.
Three years ago I was approached by the chair of a City Council to provide information to a strategy group on the use of off-the-shelf consumer class drones by 'hobbyist' and small commercial users, after a little careful digging I discovered that their focus was on preventing privately owned drones from being used in or near what they referred to as "low altitude commercial air corridors" radiating from the hub of a partially disused City airport which had gained provisional planning consent for conversion into the UK's "first dedicated Drone-o-Drome".
At that point, I declined to participate. I'm sure they found another mug who was less likely to do their due diligence.
We, as a group, (owners of DJI drones) are being harried from two quarters on both sides of The Pond, commercial and Governmental - both antagonists have the clout to ignore the rights of the casual or small scale professional drone user. In the meantime, what do we do about it? Sit around, piss and moan, fight like cats in a sack over nothing and then sneer when anyone tries to form a national or international Union of independent drone fliers that MIGHT end up with the quarterback grunt to get our ball deep enough into their territory to make them sit up and take notice.... before it really is too late.
All:
Look at joining the Drone Advocacy Alliance; droneadvocacyalliance.com . They advocate for us drone flyers.

Attachments

• IMG_5965.png
    IMG_5965.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: The Droning Company