DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Arris Raptor landing skids for M2P and M2Z are available now! (Great for hand landing)

Can't say. I'm hovering and watching the water and obstacles when I have them on, so speed isn't a thought in that situation for me.

Flying this thing over water remotely and doing take offs and landings on water is so much fun, I just get caught up in it.
Could you at least share a video of a said water landing then please? I would be more than interested in seeing that if its so cool? That would definately get you your friend more sales than a few pictures. Cheers

Could you at least share a video of a said water landing then please? I would be more than interested in seeing that if its so cool? That would definately get you your friend more sales than a few pictures. Cheers
They have videos on it on YouTube, but I'm not into doing videos and such with it at this juncture.

I'm too involved in rebuilding my father's motorcycle, pending home improvement projects now that it's cooled down a notch here in central Florida, going kayaking with my new wife, and on and on.

Order something that looks like it would have a major influence on the performance without even seeing some numbers?
Somehow I think I'll pass on that idea.
I don't care of you do or not.

You've been trolling this thread for over 2 months because you obviously have no life.

Thanks for the shots...I have a set on order that seems to be lost in space...

How easy are the legs (not the pontoons) to attach/detach? How secure are they? Hand catching stable or just easy landing stable?

Thanks...
Did your skids come in?

I would not recommend these skids.

Way over priced for what they are.

Someone suggested good for hand launching, don't try it, they will break the first time, poor quality.

If you really need to land in water than go for it and order it with pontoons.

otherwise much better options out there at a fraction of the cost and better quality if you just want leg extenders.

I don't care of you do or not.
You've been trolling this thread for over 2 months because you obviously have no life.
It's a really, really simple question.
How fast/slow does the Mavic fly when you strap these to it.
What's so difficult about that?

You trumpet long and loud about how fantastic these are but can't/won't answer that fundamental question that any flyer needs to know before using them.
Why might that be?

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
I would not recommend these skids.

Way over priced for what they are.

Someone suggested good for hand launching, don't try it, they will break the first time, poor quality.

If you really need to land in water than go for it and order it with pontoons.

otherwise much better options out there at a fraction of the cost and better quality if you just want leg extenders.
Have you bought and tried these? Did they break while you tried hand launching?

Have you bought and tried these? Did they break while you tried hand launching?

Yes I got my hands on a pair of these skids.

One cracked while putting it on like there kind of brittle.

Never tried hand catching because you would have to use two hands so how would you kill the motors.

Reactions: C22T
So I just got my set of arris skids and pontoon flotation pods. One side went on easy. The other side the skid is so tight I can't even get it on all the way (although with the pontoons on it still sits very level). But now I am afraid to try and take it off. Its tight and I mean really tight. Any suggestions?????

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
#Shill

I very rarely write or reply on forums but I cant help but notice a few things in this thread.

1. In my opinion the original poster is highly aggressive about the pros about the product and not the negatives. They are highly aggressive to other members on the forum and to me appear to be a shill for what appears to be a very overpriced product with a fundamental design flaw.

2. Basic questions were asked about the functionality of this product to a person who is clearly at a minimum promoting it. But they have actually refused to answer them, while calling other members names in the process.

A few things are very clear. This product is:

A) Very hard to put on and take off.
B) Cracks on the rear mounts
C) Not usable for hand takeoff and landing " False advertising " without the use of two hands.
D) Is being shilled.

Definition of a shill:
One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

Yes I got my hands on a pair of these skids.

One cracked while putting it on like there kind of brittle.

Never tried hand catching because you would have to use two hands so how would you kill the motors.
I had one crack too, but I quickly healed the crack with a cheap soldering iron and forgot about it.

To others, I don't provide "data" because I don't make these. Contact the manufacturer for that.

So I just got my set of arris skids and pontoon flotation pods. One side went on easy. The other side the skid is so tight I can't even get it on all the way (although with the pontoons on it still sits very level). But now I am afraid to try and take it off. Its tight and I mean really tight. Any suggestions?????
Perhaps a nail file or Dremel tool would help...

Well an update. I got the brace off by just wiggling it back and forth and pulling downward. I then put some PAM spray on the drone leg and slid the brace back on. I used the same process....wiggled it back and forth as I slid it on.It went on easier (not easy) and further up the leg. Its up far enough to be plenty fine for use and I think with time it will work its way up the rest of the way. Don't think I ever have to worry about it falling off!

Well an update. I got the brace off by just wiggling it back and forth and pulling downward. I then put some PAM spray on the drone leg and slid the brace back on. I used the same process....wiggled it back and forth as I slid it on.It went on easier (not easy) and further up the leg. Its up far enough to be plenty fine for use and I think with time it will work its way up the rest of the way. Don't think I ever have to worry about it falling off!

You might want to investigate a 3m or scotch silicon spray. I use it for locks. Cooking sprays can get sticky after a while and gum up the inside of the leg/brace.

You might want to investigate a 3m or scotch silicon spray. I use it for locks. Cooking sprays can get sticky after a while and gum up the inside of the leg/brace.
Ok for sure. I just did that the first time since I was in the house and had it handy.

Perhaps a nail file or Dremel tool would help...
I had one crack too, but I quickly healed the crack with a cheap soldering iron and forgot about it.

To others, I don't provide "data" because I don't make these. Contact the manufacturer for that.

But you do own them and should be able to provide basic information of the flight characteristics.

Not a fan of paying for something that I should be prepared to fix to work as described.

I've been flying with them since my M2P for months now and I didn't notice any difference in my flights prior to my tinkering with modifications to them.

Modification of almost all things is my nature. (i.e. my rally car, boat, motorcycles, pickup, weapons, etc.)

I stated that several times here long ago.

I'm not wealthy, but I am comfortably retired and answer to no one anymore, including the IRS. LOL

I know the YouTube blogger that goes by Originaldobo lives near me, but we've never met.

So, if someone wants to contact him to use any or all of my mods for a video, I'm up for it.
But you do own them and should be able to provide basic information of the flight characteristics.

Not a fan of paying for something that I should be prepared to fix to work as described.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329