DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Awesome Desert SW

Nice video.

Reactions: sarahb
Akdrone, really enjoyed that one. It’s on my bucket list…it’s just so darn expensive in the US to travel for me. I don’t buy green bananas anymore, so, with no signs of your dollar dropping against ours I’m going to have go soon. 🏜️

👍🇨🇦

Great stuff and you have really captured the essence of that bleak but beautiful scenery. With so much footage I can only imagine how you are feeling about the editing task ahead but do hope you’ll be posting more. Also, in those cold old snow bound months where you live, you can remind yourself of your trip-in the sun!

Incredible. I love the layers, especially around 00:28.

I flew to Arizona and drove back to Fairbanks for a drone drive. Here is some footage of the lower part of that trip. More to come. So much footage :).
Looking forward to the rest of these. Where is that monolith at about 1:46? - would be a great sunrise or sunset location.

Looking forward to the rest of these. Where is that monolith at about 1:46? - would be a great sunrise or sunset location.
off Hwy 491 about 20mi north of Shiprock NM in the SW corner of Colorado.

so...did you take all 5 of your drones?
no...I had to fly down so that would have been a bit much....I took my Mav 3 Pro and Mini 4 Pro (so I could fly legally in Canada with the small batteries). Let me count...Mavic Air, Mini 4 Pro, Avata, Avata 2, Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Pro, FPV so 7 is the count at the moment. Keeping the older ones has been helpful. A friend is wanting to learn to use a drone with goggles. He's in his 80's so having the older Avata that can do the virtual flight thing has been great. Another friend is taking a long trip and I'll lend him my Mav 3 for backup so that's handy. I really only use the Mav3 Pro and Avata 2 on a regular basis at this point but may try to learn to fly manual with my older FPV....loud sucker...

Could you tell me where the butte is at 1:50 into the video? Definitely want to visit this spot!!!
There is a bit larger one 10 miles south and west of Shiprock, New Mexico.
This particular one is also named “Shiprock”. Accessible by road with a parking area on the western side.

Thanks!! On Google Maps, pics of the butte popped right up.
One of the lessons I've learned is to take a picture when you're flying a spot even if you only want to fly/video. In this case I wanted still shots but regardless, getting a still frame gives you exact coordinates so you can know where you were. I don't always remember to do that...but I'm getting better at it.

Very Nice. I love the desert and recognize many of those places. The scenes at 3:45-3:47 are spectacular. Can I ask where that is? Thanks and job well done

I like it! Lots of layers and colors. How was the temp change from AK to AZ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857