DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 The beauty of the Dolomites seen from the sky

mattitech07

Reactions
Last weekend I've travelled to a small town (colle santa Lucia, Veneto) at the feet of the Dolomites. I couldn't wait to see what my MA2 could do up there and I'm pretty satisfied with the results, I was also impressed at how it handled the wind at such an high altitude, especially at the three peaks of Lavaredo, it had to compensate for the wind and the thinner air at 3000m.
All the video clips were shot in d-cinelike and edited on davinci resolve.(I'm still a beginner with color grading so I would like to know what do you think about the colors in the clips)The photos were done in smartphoto(the third one in panorama mode) with some changes on lightroom mobile.
What do you think of these shots ?
Here's the video:

Attachments

• 1655464630048.jpg
    1655464630048.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 1655488587741.jpg
    1655488587741.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20220618_201408_745.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220618_214241_797.jpg
    IMG_20220618_214241_797.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
I just tell you, shorten some clips that are really too long, for the rest good job, I was also in the area last year, and I already made 2 videos, I hope to come back again this year for new locations..

Reactions: mattitech07
Didn’t we see this on the Forum a week or so ago? Could be wrong of course.

Last weekend I've travelled to a small town (colle santa Lucia, Veneto) at the feet of the Dolomites. I couldn't wait to see what my MA2 could do up there and I'm pretty satisfied with the results, I was also impressed at how it handled the wind at such an high altitude, especially at the three peaks of Lavaredo, it had to compensate for the wind and the thinner air at 3000m.
All the video clips were shot in d-cinelike and edited on davinci resolve.(I'm still a beginner with color grading so I would like to know what do you think about the colors in the clips)The photos were done in smartphoto(the third one in panorama mode) with some changes on lightroom mobile.
Here's the video:
Very nice…..I would be proud of this for sure

I just tell you, shorten some clips that are really too long, for the rest good job, I was also in the area last year, and I already made 2 videos, I hope to come back again this year for new locations..
Thank you for your advice.

Here's the video:
Very well done! Great variety of shots. Great composition. Smooth. Really fun to watch to the end. Only thing I would change is a fade to black at the end rather than a straight cut. You are a pro. 😊

Very well done! Great variety of shots. Great composition. Smooth. Really fun to watch to the end. Only thing I would change is a fade to black at the end rather than a straight cut. You are a pro. 😊
Thank you for your advice!

Really well done. Music is perfect. Did you fly that slowly or slow down the shots in post production? If you flew that way, WOW, great job! If you did slo-mo in post production that's still fine because the speed of the shots fit the music. I disagree that shots could be shortened. A 4:00 video is a good length and because of the pace you created with the music, I like the longer shots. Very relaxing to watch. However, yes, fade to black at the end.

Really well done. Music is perfect. Did you fly that slowly or slow down the shots in post production? If you flew that way, WOW, great job! If you did slo-mo in post production that's still fine because the speed of the shots fit the music. I disagree that shots could be shortened. A 4:00 video is a good length and because of the pace you created with the music, I like the longer shots. Very relaxing to watch. However, yes, fade to black at the end.
I did no changes to the speed of the footage, I almost thought about speeding up a couple of shots because I thought I've flown a little too slow, but then I realized that the pace of the shots and music put together was perfect as it was. Thank you for your response.

Nicely done. Your clips of the village could be lighter, and you might see if more contrast would lower the amount of haze in the mountain clips.

Dolomites are a beautiful, underappreciated range, and the villages are a great mix of cultures. Highly recommend them as a destination for anyone who loves mountains.

Here's the video:
Beautiful! When I was in the army in Vicenza back in 1969, we used to be struck by awe at how the Dolomites stretched across the northern horizon like a huge wall. The Italians in Northern Italy are great people. Thanks!

Here's the video:
Great vid Matt, well done.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of this but when I click through into YouTube and look at your videos, you only have 1 vid from a year ago and this new vid isn’t showing up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga