DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Best Gimbal Cover For Your M2P Now Available!

This is my first time seeing this gimbal cover. I am sure I will order one for my M2P.

Thanks for sharing.

I have the Fstop Labs version of this gimbal cover.

I don't have any trouble with the gimbal cover that came with the M2P but won't go back to it after using one of these. As easy as the OEM cover is, this one is even easier and feels like it puts less stress on the gimbal when you're putting it on and taking it off.

It may not be much to look at, but functionally it's excellent.

Reactions: Drone Master
i also ordered the pack from F stops.

someone would wonder how come DJI who spends millions on expensive R&D staff and studies to perfectly manufacture the most technologically advanced consumer drones on the planet BUT each time got it all wrong with manufacturing the smallest and easiest no brainer piece of plastic which is the gimbal over lol

incredible if you ask me !

or maybe it's done on purpose by DJI to leave some slices of the pie for all those third parties companies and 3D printers.

I would say next time DJI should just partner with one of those to provide right from the start the best gimbal cover.

and at the very minimum they should start selling them in their stores.

same goes for the 5D button replacement : the one of my MAVIC2PRO disappeared after only 1 month, so i had no choice but taking out the one from my old MAVIC PRO to replace it (they are just the same).

Then i went to my local DJI store in Hong Kong to see if they sell those and seller told me NO you need to send the remote back to DJI SHENZHEN !!! what a joke !!! why would i waste 5 weeks of not being able to use my drone just for this tiny piece that DJI was not able to attach properly on the drone !!

Turned out i'm not the only one "losing" that 5D button because i realised many sellers propose them on EBAY....ordered 3 for less than 5 USD...should receive them soon.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble (bad pun) but I have tried to use the Fstop labs gimbal cover on my Mavic 2 pro and found it to be more difficult to put on than the stock cover. I also felt that it was not holding the gimbal as firmly.

I don't know guys, I get the general dislike for DJI and all that but I'm not sure what they could have done better. When the gimbal guard and dome were two pieces, that was the complaint. Now they came up with a one piece solution and that's not good enough. This aftermarket piece is okay but it's not without it's quirks. Here's what I did to make it work for me but I may just go back to the stock piece or just use the dome without the lock. I put a small piece of felt on the cover and connected the two pieces with DENTAL FLOSS! Hahaha! We'll see how that works.20181103_130443.jpg

Unfortunately the amazon link says the product is no longer available. Do you have a model number or something I can search by?
Shows in stock when I just looked but @fstop.labs is here so lets get him in this .

Thank you for sharing this!! I ordered mine from Amazon the moment I read about it and it got to me and THIS is what dji should have put on the M2P to begin with. Goes on easily and does not scratch the gimbal or camera.

Also - FYI - it still fits in the GoProfessional hard case with the new cover on! LOVE IT!!

I hate to burst anyone's bubble (bad pun) but I have tried to use the Fstop labs gimbal cover on my Mavic 2 pro and found it to be more difficult to put on than the stock cover. I also felt that it was not holding the gimbal as firmly.

I dunno. I just got mine in from FStop Labs today and I don't have the same opinion. I wouldn't say that it holds the gimbal itself any better or worse than the stock cover, but I can guarantee that it "feels" much more stable on the aircraft and doesn't have that "cave-in" feeling that the stock cover had at the clip on the aircraft body. I'll be using the new cover from now on personally...

Unfortunately the amazon link says the product is no longer available. Do you have a model number or something I can search by?
You can search on ebay and get it for $2.99 and free shipping. Or you can pay three times that on Amazon, it's your money.

Did you receive it yet? And if so, do you like it? I definitely like mine. It’s a piece of cake to put on and protects the gimbal and camera assembly very well.
Got mine (sunnylife)! I like em'. High Quality! So much easier to put on and, like you said, protects the cameras well!

gimbal guard.JPG

Reactions: Drone Master
You can search on ebay and get it for $2.99 and free shipping. Or you can pay three times that on Amazon, it's your money.

Depends on how fast you want it. From Amazon it will get to you in two days. The ones from eBay that are that cheap will be coming on a literal slow boat from China and will show up in six to eight weeks.

I'm probably wrong but this (or these) covers dont actually seem to support the lens. Looks like the whole thing is covered but the gimbal & lens is floating free under it all!
Is that the case?

I'm probably wrong but this (or these) covers dont actually seem to support the lens. Looks like the whole thing is covered but the gimbal & lens is floating free under it all!
Is that the case?
No, it supports the camera. The camera will not flail around or bounce back an forth, it's nice and secure!

Its alitle "looser" than the stock.
But more than safe enough for normal transport, ( toss it in case, toss case in car kinda stuff)
Sending it trough mail services i would still fit the stock one.

Someone mentioned using felt, Dont see the need to see the camera so i covered the entire innside with cloth tape.
Now sits nice and sturdy in there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman