DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The camera is legitimately the best of all the Mavic’s!

IMHO - M2P is still better, however very slightly.

I think this is going to be a matter of circumstance. If the situation calls for a bit of zoom, it's hard not to see the Air2s winning. Content pulled directly from the drone with no editing also favors the Air2s due to the more aggressive processing of that drone in normal mode. I think no zoom and a full post-production workflow favor the M2P slightly from what I've seen of both, and I suspect it's due to the lens. With that said, it's really hard to compare unless you have them both in hand. All the comparisons are done outdoors, so it's not exactly a controlled environment where you can guarantee the conditions are exactly the same even if the output looks similar.

We always gotta pick on something, on the M2P it was the line skipping and lack of mechanical shutter coming from the P4P and now on the M2AS its the lack of variable aperture and no mechanical shutter ?

I think this is going to be a matter of circumstance. If the situation calls for a bit of zoom, it's hard not to see the Air2s winning. Content pulled directly from the drone with no editing also favors the Air2s due to the more aggressive processing of that drone in normal mode. I think no zoom and a full post-production workflow favor the M2P slightly from what I've seen of both, and I suspect it's due to the lens. With that said, it's really hard to compare unless you have them both in hand. All the comparisons are done outdoors, so it's not exactly a controlled environment where you can guarantee the conditions are exactly the same even if the output looks similar.
The M2P has many more creative camera controls that I am missing on the A2S. Granted they both capture 10-bit video (Dlog and HLG/HDR) for those that post process. The most important set of controls I am missing are Style settings: sharpness, contrast and color saturation. As usual, the fixed settings of the A2S have too much contrast. Lowering it while recording in log or HLG allows to capture more dynamic range especially shadow details. I hope in some future update, DJI will add Style settings for the A2S.

Reactions: JustADude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman