DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Definition of Horizon

Just a note on horizons. I live where the horizon is not flat. Where the horizon includes land near a mountain that is 11,000 feet at the top and 4,500 feet at a river that is only a few miles away there is a very noticeable tilt to the horizon. This tilt is natural and attempts to make the horizon level do not reflect the actual view.

Dale,
What's the status of your Moab trip?
Hi Rocky Mtns:!!

Thanks for asking!! Unfortunately, as you can imagine, I had to cancel the reservations at Monument Valley cabin with view of monuments, a great inn in Moab (Sunflower Hill), and Enchantment Resort in Sedona. I had a great itinerary planned, with stuff you forum guys out there who have been so helpful in sending me places to fly. American Airlines would not give me a refund and they wanted to give me a voucher, but I got the voucher extended 3 months. If the quarantine/shutdown is lifted, I'd consider rescheduling it for late September. Do not want to run into cold weather because I do a lot of star timelapse (astrophotography) and don't to free my *** off at 2-3 AM for long exposures. I'd still be a worried about flying in a plane without distancing. I got a complete 100% refund on the deposits of all the above except the airlines.That includes a guide for sunset timelapse in Monument Valley from special Indian secret spot.

Dale,
What's the status of your Moab trip?
Certainly that is very understandable, bu in the case of this photograph, my eye is very sensitive to horizons, thus my attempt to fix it. I am **** that way.

Just a note on horizons. I live where the horizon is not flat. Where the horizon includes land near a mountain that is 11,000 feet at the top and 4,500 feet at a river that is only a few miles away there is a very noticeable tilt to the horizon. This tilt is natural and attempts to make the horizon level do not reflect the actual view.
I live in Florida and have to correct mine all the time. Not much, but seems consistent with Mavic Air.

I live in Florida and have to correct mine all the time. Not much, but seems consistent with Mavic Air.
Here is the horizon 100 feet up from my driveway in Miami- I have to get on an airplane to see mountains !!!3-11-2019-Drone HDR Panorama .jpeg

To my eye, it is a little tilted down on the right. I can be fixed in software like Photoshop with cropping tool. I am attaching my correction. It is very subtle. View attachment 98706

Oh my goodness.... thank you so much for the reply....... for all the replies! I really just threw this photo on here, because I had never uploaded any media to the forums. As a matter of fact, this picture was actually a screen shot from a video!

Thank you for the tip concerning correction. Yes, I do have photoshop, and actually tweaked the colors in the picture a bit. But I am a real learner when it comes to photography or the editing of pictures.

But now I've found you guys here, I will surely be back to get more pointers.

Again, many thanks, and stay safe.

Oh my goodness.... thank you so much for the reply....... for all the replies! I really just threw this photo on here, because I had never uploaded any media to the forums. As a matter of fact, this picture was actually a screen shot from a video!

Thank you for the tip concerning correction. Yes, I do have photoshop, and actually tweaked the colors in the picture a bit. But I am a real learner when it comes to photography or the editing of pictures.

But now I've found you guys here, I will surely be back to get more pointers.

Again, many thanks, and stay safe.
You're more than welcome. My forte is Photoshop, not drones. Video editing with Premiere Pro is still in its learning curve level. Post photography questions anytime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel