DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Reaper is skinned, skidded and strobed. Show us your skin. ;)

Looks awesome elton
Thank you.

It's amazing how much more visible it is with the hi-vis orange.

It's also easier to know the direction it's pointing while keeping my eyeballs on it instead of the screen as it gets within a couple hundred feet with those skids and strobes. :)

I ordered the neon orange as well, Elton and I hope they are as easy to attach as you said. Also working on some drawings for decals I’m gonna cut out of colored vinyl to put over the skin.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I ordered the neon orange as well, Elton and I hope they are as easy to attach as you said. Also working on some drawings for decals I’m gonna cut out of colored vinyl to put over the skin.
Good to go.

I've never wrapped anything, so I used cheap plastic first aid tweezers to keep the oils from my skin off the adhesive and took my time.

Their directions were a couple of diagrams with step numbers to follow and which edge to align first.

Just rub them on the contours and edges with your finger tips.

I took a couple minutes in between each part to inspect the progress and make sure I rubbed it on good and tight.

I hope it works well for you too. :)

Good gouge, Elton. I do have some experience with decal vinyl which is thicker and more difficult to form. But I believe this vinyl material is closer to vehicle wrap and should be much easier...thanks.

Meanwhile, I'm ginning up a group of "faces" to cut out in black vinyl to go on the skinned MP2.

KB

drone-faces_01.png

LOL

I've been enjoying this drone so much, but I always think of something that would have made the last flight safer or more enjoyable.

Tonight, I gave into the temptation and ordered Lume Cubes without anyone offering a mounting solution yet.

I am so weak... ;)

That's a great accessory. I backed the screw out on mine to clip my beeper into it in case the bird comes down somewhere weird. :)
So.....
Put the screw back in, mount the cube on the screw, double side adhesive foam the beeper on top of the cube, ditto one of those strobes on top of the beeper. :)

I actually just sent a message to the gentleman at iRepairMD, the inventor of the Raptor landing/floatation skid, to see if he could/would make something like this...Screenshot_20180926-213822_eBay.jpeg

Reactions: Ken K
Flew "Bella" for the first time with the wrap yesterday and WOW! She is SO much more visible in the air now, I couldn't be happier..thanks, Elton!

KB

View attachment 50066

View attachment 50068

View attachment 50069
You're welcome! She's looking amazing and I'm glad you're happy with the visibility too.

I remember earlier in this thread that there were those that tried to tell me this skin would cause overheating.

I found this concern to be illegitimate because the outer shell of the aircraft has absolutely nothing to do with heat dissipation.

But, not everyone agreed with me on that.

All I know, is I have had no problems and I love this skin.

And, believe me, I would definitely tell everyone if it pulled a space ship Columbia on me.

Until then, life is good and this skin makes it stand out in the daylight like a burning road flare. :)

I also have my phone number & email on my drone in case it get lost, along with the statement "reward for return" ;)
I printed that data out with my label maker and posted in inside the battery compartment when I registered as a hobbyist.

Reactions: drakkor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead