DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Tunnel

Crash Pro

Reactions
Tried posting this yesterday but don't see it, so here we go again.

Saw this tunnel last summer and wondered if it was possible to fly a drone through it. Well, apparently you can, minus the GPS of course. The idea was to fly through it, keeping the drone straight and level (the tunnel is sloped), so I knew it would not be easy to get the "perfect" shot. As it was, the drone would get sucked toward the wall near the end of the tunnel and it would wind up being either too high or too low depending on the direction I was flying.

Persistence does pay off as I eventually got the shot that I wanted, in fact, nailed it several times by barely touching the control sticks to keep the drone in place. I also went ahead and shot some B-Roll footage as I had no idea what I was going to do with the tunnel shot.

The end result is perhaps a bit weird but was fun to work on and I gained a little more experience in Premiere Pro which is a bonus. Hope you enjoy it!

Persistence does pay off as I eventually got the shot that I wanted, in fact, nailed it several times
I loved it!!! Normally I do not like "horror movies" I just do not like "gratuitous violence" but knowing it was a Drone Video, I suspected that no Psychos were going to jump out of the shadows and rip the props off…

You choice of music was perfect too!

You might want to seek out one of the those video sharing sites that connect customers with videographers and buy the right for the video, I was that good!!!

I loved it!!! Normally I do not like "horror movies" I just do not like "gratuitous violence" but knowing it was a Drone Video, I suspected that no Psychos were going to jump out of the shadows and rip the props off…

You choice of music was perfect too!

You might want to seek out one of the those video sharing sites that connect customers with videographers and buy the right for the video, I was that good!!!
Thank you! I’ll have to look into that.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Very clever and well done. I have to say though, for about the first half of the video I would have thought it was all gimbal work. Once I had a grip push me down a long hallway like your tunnel, on a dolly while I held the camera on a gimbal. The end look was similar to your tunnel shot.

Very clever and well done. I have to say though, for about the first half of the video I would have thought it was all gimbal work. Once I had a grip push me down a long hallway like your tunnel, on a dolly while I held the camera on a gimbal. The end look was similar to your tunnel shot.
Thank you!

Reactions: LoudThunder
You flew in it, was waiting to see you fly through it. Was there an exit?
Yes, I did fly through it. I did all the filming at nighttime to avoid people in the tunnel. The black hole you see at the end of the tunnel is the exit. It’s just pitch black outside so you can’t really see anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne