DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There's a Youtube channel and Instagram dedicated to harassing homeless people with drones

whiskeybc

Reactions
It's called BumsNDrones

5000+ subscribers on Youtube
622k followers on Instagram

It's very rare that something online pisses me off enough to even bother hitting a report button cuz the internet is a cess pool and I guess I'm numb to it but Jesus ******* Christ does this ever disgust me. I wonder how many reports Youtube and IG would have to get before they'd take this **** down. I mean this pretty much has to be illegal right?

Reactions: ZergSolo
Everyone should report it to YouTube. Harassment is a violation.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I just recently saw one about Lizard Lots as well and it turned out to be Drones following female companion walk thrus out to trucks. English Coal

Best you can do is report them to the FAA for flying over people. It a form of Papa.Rot Si and its not illegal unless there breaking FAA laws it seems.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

FWIW, the channel doesn't seem to be active. There are 5 total videos and all were posted a year ago.

There are nearly a dozen similar channels like this, I've been seeing them for years. If you look closely, you see many of the videos have been taken down (the channel description says 25 vids but only 5 are showing) and if you look at the video itself, it's very old style (meaning it's been uploaded...repeatedly) as the creator hops around.

The problem is going to be the complainant. None of the people appear to be coming forward to complain so it usually ends up going nowhere. Most governments won't listen to or take their minor complaint anyway. This is why you have so many rogue drone pilots doing this. I have yet to see any blood spilled or any property damages so over the years, the authorities are likely only concerned with the real crime that occurs with the homeless.....if that. People drive by and shoot at tents, throw acid, set fires....and the police do nothing so it is unlikely they will try to track down a drone harasser which most of the time, they can't track down the victim, the time, or the location. A lot of this footage is super old and for sure, the rogue pilot doesn't use RID or identifying marks on his drone. Reporting this activity is basically reporting yourself. <- opinion

[Thank you YT for making the search so simple] To be honest, while some of this is real, some of it is sus and almost makes me believe people were paid to act up. People prank and harass others with all kinds of objects and tools not just drones....all over the world. Other drone examples see the channels: HotBoxTv, VastMind, Nomad Droner, Abnormal Humans, and a ton of one-offs like these:

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcmbC0g3PfQ
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1VeoP64Kcs
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3X1fmNIEQs

There are nearly a dozen similar channels like this, I've been seeing them for years. If you look closely, you see many of the videos have been taken down (the channel description says 25 vids but only 5 are showing) and if you look at the video itself, it's very old style (meaning it's been uploaded...repeatedly) as the creator hops around.

The problem is going to be the complainant. None of the people appear to be coming forward to complain so it usually ends up going nowhere. Most governments won't listen to or take their minor complaint anyway. This is why you have so many rogue drone pilots doing this. I have yet to see any blood spilled or any property damages so over the years, the authorities are likely only concerned with the real crime that occurs with the homeless.....if that. People drive by and shoot at tents, throw acid, set fires....and the police do nothing so it is unlikely they will try to track down a drone harasser which most of the time, they can't track down the victim, the time, or the location. A lot of this footage is super old and for sure, the rogue pilot doesn't use RID or identifying marks on his drone. Reporting this activity is basically reporting yourself. <- opinion

[Thank you YT for making the search so simple] To be honest, while some of this is real, some of it is sus and almost makes me believe people were paid to act up. People prank and harass others with all kinds of objects and tools not just drones....all over the world. Other drone examples see the channels: HotBoxTv, VastMind, Nomad Droner, Abnormal Humans, and a ton of one-offs like these:

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcmbC0g3PfQ
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1VeoP64Kcs
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3X1fmNIEQs

Yeah I'm not hopeful that anything will be done about it or the accounts will be taken down. Sucks but I figured it was worth talking about at least.

To me it's an aircraft harassing people, that seems to be FAA related. Oh added a video you might like.

To me it's an aircraft harassing people, that seems to be FAA related. Oh added a video you might like.
I remember seeing that video. Yeah it would be super annoying especially with a loud older drone. These days, drone pilots know they have to keep their drone high enough just out of reach....just in case. ;)

Meaning, they would have more luck with just the harassment part since the police should respond to any and all types of harassment. We shouldnt reserve "aircraft" harassment as some sort of special crime requiring federal authorities. Not saying there is much the police can do but we can't separate "drone" crimes from similar crimes when the only relevant difference is the tool involved.

The FAA is aware of this guy. And even though his channel isn't active, he was still doing this as of about 3 weeks ago. I was called by a reporter in Pueblo about this. The Pueblo PD can't do anything unless one of his victims report it to the police. And until he violates an FAA regulation, there is nothing the FAA can do.

He has been contacted by Pueblo PD though.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_