DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is my first drone. Can you fly them safely when raining?

Welcome to the hobby! :)
Unless you have a specially designed waterproof drone, no, never fly in rain or snow.
You will want to read this through a few times - Mavic Manual
And here are some videos to watch - Videos

Be sure and get registered if your not already and ONLY us the FAA to do so... lots of scam sites out there. Here is the real FAA registration page - sUAS Registration

Fly safe!

There's a few stories of flying in snow and rain but also many of unresponsive gimbals and faults after.

My experience is avoid moisture and if unfortunate enough to get caught, land and disconnect battery immediately. Then dry all you can to prevent penetrating of moisture.

Large absorbent paper towels are a useful accessory.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Get some desiccant packs for those times you get wet. Don't fly in the rain or moister unless your life depends on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Like many said and the manual don't fly in the rain it's probably no something you WANT to do but if NEED be I think it could withstand a light drizzle. Probably unsafe to fly in rain in relations to FAA rules and regulations. If you do fly in rain you should dry it out with a light fan and some desiccant packs to draw the moisture. Here a. Link 1500D Desiccant Silica GelI'm going to buy some just for general maintenance of the drone after I'm done flying it as I do live in south Florida and the air is damp!

Like many said and the manual don't fly in the rain it's probably no something you WANT to do but if NEED be I think it could withstand a light drizzle. Probably unsafe to fly in rain in relations to FAA rules and regulations. If you do fly in rain you should dry it out with a light fan and some desiccant packs to draw the moisture. Here a. Link 1500D Desiccant Silica GelI'm going to buy some just for general maintenance of the drone after I'm done flying it as I do live in south Florida and the air is damp!

Thank you for that, your information was super helpful. I didn't mean flying in the heavy rain, I just didn't know what to do if I got caught in the light rain or snow.

Thank you for that, your information was super helpful. I didn't mean flying in the heavy rain, I just didn't know what to do if I got caught in the light rain or snow.

Ya as long as you quit flying as soon as you see a sprinkle you're golden. A lot of these newer technologies are sprayed with a nano coating on the motherboards and have grease on movin parts so as long as you are not in a thunderstorm or washing it in the tub then no worries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1