DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is the stuff that's going to get the hammer dropped on us

And of course, without waiting for the full report we're *sure* it wasn't flown there (or placed there), by a Reservist or other employee of the Naval Air Station on his day off, aren't we? Or possibly even part of a program not even the F-16 pilot was aware of? It wasn't a DJI bird, which would fit with the fact that US military have put the Kibosh on using DJI products since last summer. Would love to have more facts.
In my 20 years as a Naval aviator, I never knew the Navy to buy aircraft from Walmart. Just sayin'.

As for a reservist, or other base employee flying it there, again highly unlikely. But even if they did, they were operating a civilian drone where they should not have been. If someone screws up with a drone, it doesn't matter if they were a reservist on their day off, or a kid, or a house painter.
As for placing it there, first of all, you don't go walking out on taxiways at a military field. The only way that could happen would be if the Navy did it as a conspiracy to get drone pilots. Again, in my time, we spent our time working on bigger threats. That was pretty much a full time job.

But I could be wrong.

We have the same, well documented problems in the UK, this one a bit more clear cut.
This guy definitely comes well into, "You can't deal with stupidity", territory.
He was hammered on local FB pages for what he did, by right minded drone enthusiasts, purely because there were absolutely NO good reasons for what he did.

Drone enthusiast 'amazed' as he lands device on deck of £3bn HMS Queen Elizabeth without being detected

I would be really surprised if this doesn't end up with the guy being charged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15