DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts about the Inspire 1.

Akoztha

Reactions
Good morning everyone [emoji291]
Just sold my drone, and I'm debating to get another Mavic Pro or get an Inspire 1.
I know a bunch of people here own both, so I'm just trying to get some feedback.
I haven't seen one live yet, just Youtube videos.
Any thoughts about "upgrading" tomthe Inspire are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Pura Vida!

Can I ask what your mission is? Will you be flying with 2 pilots, one flying and one using the gimbal? In any case I would recommend either the Inspire 1 V2 or the Inspire 2.

I have owned Phantoms, Mavics, Inspire 1's and Inspire 2's. I really liked the I-2 and would have kept it, but it's alot of drone to carry around and makes traveling with it burdensome.

Have you thought about the Phantom 4 Pro? It costs alot less than a fully optioned Inspire, has a great camera, full obstacle avoidance, and is as easy to fly as any Phantom.

You might also consider joining Inspirepilots.com and PhantomPilots.com to get some additional insight on buying an Inspire or P4P.

Can I ask what your mission is? Will you be flying with 2 pilots, one flying and one using the gimbal? In any case I would recommend either the Inspire 1 V2 or the Inspire 2.

I have owned Phantoms, Mavics, Inspire 1's and Inspire 2's. I really liked the I-2 and would have kept it, but it's alot of drone to carry around and makes traveling with it burdensome.

Have you thought about the Phantom 4 Pro? It costs alot less than a fully optioned Inspire, has a great camera, full obstacle avoidance, and is as easy to fly as any Phantom.

You might also consider joining Inspirepilots.com and PhantomPilots.com to get some additional insight on buying an Inspire or P4P.
Hello! I am learning and don't consider myself a pro pilot at all.
But I do get some business with my Mavic.
There's not too many drones here in Costa Rica so I get some work ( in the country of the blind, the one eye guy is the king as we say here [emoji41] )
So I do a LOT of flying to get better on my shots.
Weddings, real estate shots, graffitti, etc so I am getting good work.
Hence the reason of upgrading to the Inspire; but I do understand the portability is not a big plus as the Mavic is...
I'm a newbie, that's for sure.
But one thing I know, looks sells.
The Inspire is an amazing piece of equipment, so one thing I consider in my personal case is that; I might get more work due to the Drone.
Obviously I have to match the looks of the Inspire with the quality of the drone..
That's why I fly so much.
Thanks I might be getting the V2.
[emoji89]

Oh sorry, regarding the P4.
I might try my friend's P4 to get the feeling. I never thought about that one, thanks!

Hello! I am learning and don't consider myself a pro pilot at all.
But I do get some business with my Mavic.
There's not too many drones here in Costa Rica so I get some work ( in the country of the blind, the one eye guy is the king as we say here [emoji41] )
So I do a LOT of flying to get better on my shots.
Weddings, real estate shots, graffitti, etc so I am getting good work.
Hence the reason of upgrading to the Inspire; but I do understand the portability is not a big plus as the Mavic is...
I'm a newbie, that's for sure.
But one thing I know, looks sells.
The Inspire is an amazing piece of equipment, so one thing I consider in my personal case is that; I might get more work due to the Drone.
Obviously I have to match the looks of the Inspire with the quality of the drone..
That's why I fly so much.
Thanks I might be getting the V2.
[emoji89]

I think you will get more work based on the quality of your work rather than the size of your drone :)

If your customers are happy with your work, no need to upgrade. The Inspire is a big bird, and comes in a big suitcase. Once you have set it up a few times, it's easy, but it's still a handful to lug around.

Try your friends Phantom 4 and see how you like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tictag and Akoztha
Yeah the size is what makes me doubt. It looks huge.

I had the MP and the Inspire 1v2. I sold my MP. After flying the Inspire I just never took the MP out any more. The MP is like a toy compared to the Inspire.

Exact opposite here, since I got the MP the I1 has stayed in its box. Nothing the I1 can do and I use that the MP can't, so why bother (considering an I1 with the standard X3 camera, if you have an X5 or need to use the other choices it's a different story, but I don't).

I find the inspire more enjoyable to fly. Not to mention I just looks a hell a lot better. Lol I can set the inspire up just as fast as I did the MP. Especially when you have the case that you can keep it in landing mode with the camera attached.

Reactions: Akoztha
I had the MP and the Inspire 1v2. I sold my MP. After flying the Inspire I just never took the MP out any more. The MP is like a toy compared to the Inspire.
Really? What makes it so different? I feel the Mavic is outstanding, but I've never had the chance of even seeing an Inspire. Looks amazing that's for sure, and have seen plenty of videos on YT.
So it does makes me think about getting one.

If you're saying yes to these questions then the Inspire might well be for you, otherwise the Mavic/Phantom series will I'm sure be a far more optimal investment:
  1. Do you need to be be able to control the camera independently of flying?
  2. Do you need to track very fast moving subjects?
  3. Do you need exceptionally high dynamic range / RAW video footage / optical zoom / thermal imaging

Reactions: Former Member
I agree with Thunderdrones post. I have an INSPIRE 1V2, P3P,P4, and the MP, and enjoy the crap out of flying the Inspire.
It is very cumbersome to haul around the big suitcase, but if you get the case as ChipDjipro mentions, I’d rather fly the Inspire.
You can buy a Used I1V2 for a great deal and given the choice between the two, the Big Bird all the way[emoji6].
If you have another person that can help with your work, definitely get the Two RC’s.
I’m actually charging the Inspire batteries right now to go out today [emoji16]

If you're saying yes to these questions then the Inspire might well be for you, otherwise the Mavic/Phantom series will I'm sure be a far more optimal investment:
  1. Do you need to be be able to control the camera independently of flying?
  2. Do you need to track very fast moving subjects?
  3. Do you need exceptionally high dynamic range / RAW video footage / optical zoom / thermal imaging
Haha cool!!
1- Yes
2- Most definetely yes.
2- Yes

Thanks !!

Reactions: tictag
I agree with Thunderdrones post. I have an INSPIRE 1V2, P3P,P4, and the MP, and enjoy the crap out of flying the Inspire.
It is very cumbersome to haul around the big suitcase, but if you get the case as ChipDjipro mentions, I’d rather fly the Inspire.
You can buy a Used I1V2 for a great deal and given the choice between the two, the Big Bird all the way[emoji6].
If you have another person that can help with your work, definitely get the Two RC’s.
I’m actually charging the Inspire batteries right now to go out today [emoji16]
Quiet the arsenal... lucky you!
Did you ever consdier buying the 1V1?

Sounds like an interesting bird to want to test.
Never having looked at them seriously I never caught on as to the apparent size of them.
I did like the looks and for me it's about the fun and functionality along with the looks.

The inspire is for sure an amazing drone but it's not designed to fly for fun. It's designed for serious video / photography professionals. Unless you have $3000 dollars that can spend it in whatever you want them go for it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear