DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on Mavic 3 Battery Clip

redserv

Reactions
Heya guys back when I had my first crash with my Mavic 3 OG My battery got thrown from the drone after the crash. Saw the attached battery clip online and was like what the heck, it may save my battery from popping if I have another crash. My question is, if god forbids and I have another crash and the battery stays within the drone, will the motors on the drone just keep spinning freely since their will always have power to them even after I crash? I am almost sure that the drone motors should stop after impact, but I am not sure. Wadda your thoughts?

Attachments

• Mavic 3 Battery clip.jpg
    Mavic 3 Battery clip.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
I guess it depends on the crash but I wouldn't put that clip on my Mavic 3.
Hey Mavic3usa, thanks for your feedback. I was having second thoughts about this clip thinking if I had a crash it may cause more damage to the drone if the motors did not shut off with the battery trapped inside the drone.

Hey Mavic3usa, thanks for your feedback. I was having second thoughts about this clip thinking if I had a crash it may cause more damage to the drone if the motors did not shut off with the battery trapped inside the drone.
The fact that the battery prongs which hold it in are made to allow the battery to be forcefully ejected from the drone in an event of a crash is actually a good thing. Battery can catch fire on impact if its integridy is compromised. If that happens it is much better to have the battery outside of the drone than inside, for obvious reason. And for that reason alone I would not put that clip on my drone.

Reactions: Cafguy
The fact that the battery prongs which hold it in are made to allow the battery to be forcefully ejected from the drone in an event of a crash is actually a good thing. Battery can catch fire on impact if its integridy is compromised. If that happens it is much better to have the battery outside of the drone than inside, for obvious reason. And for that reason alone I would not put that clip on my drone.
Gotcha!! Makes perfect sense. Thanks for your feedback

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paquo