DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time.. oh and a place to fly.

Companion1

Reactions
After a year-long series of doubts and endless time on YouTube trying to make up my mind, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a good deal on the Mavic on EBay. Now, after some trial and error I’m connected but alas is an NFZ. Does anyone know of some good place to safely practice and hone my flight skills in the Dallas área. I’m not necessarily looking for something scenic at the moment but a location not to far from me(love field area) to learn all the modes, features and get my chops?

I live in a Dallas suburb and I fly all over the place and have for the past year - never had any complaints or problems. Just don't fly within 5 miles of DFW or DAL airport. If you hear a helicopter nearby (which is very rare) just land asap. School playgrounds and sporting fields (when school is out and when not being used, DUH) parks, any open areas that aren't private property and where there aren't a lot of people around. I launch right out of my backyard & front yard and fly all around my neighborhood all the time. I just keep it high enough to not annoy anyone and never hover very long over anyone's house. There are some parks where drones are not permitted. If there is a sign stating so (which there very rarely is) then I'll skip that park. If there's no sign, I'll just go to an area with no people. I've never had anyone say anything negative to me.

Just be smart about it. Common sense. Don't annoy anyone or give anyone a reason to complain or be paranoid. Smile and be nice to anyone who comes by. If someone's a jerk, ignore them.

I really don't understand all this hysteria about "OMG I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO FLY!" "IT'S HARDLY WORTH HAVING A DRONE!"

It's really very simple people: Don't fly near other air traffic, and don't fly near other people. We live on a pretty big planet. If you can't find a place to fly, you're not looking very hard.

I live in a Dallas suburb and I fly all over the place and have for the past year - never had any complaints or problems. Just don't fly within 5 miles of DFW or DAL airport. If you hear a helicopter nearby (which is very rare) just land asap. School playgrounds and sporting fields (when school is out and when not being used, DUH) parks, any open areas that aren't private property and where there aren't a lot of people around. I launch right out of my backyard & front yard and fly all around my neighborhood all the time. I just keep it high enough to not annoy anyone and never hover very long over anyone's house. There are some parks where drones are not permitted. If there is a sign stating so (which there very rarely is) then I'll skip that park. If there's no sign, I'll just go to an area with no people. I've never had anyone say anything negative to me.

Just be smart about it. Common sense. Don't annoy anyone or give anyone a reason to complain or be paranoid. Smile and be nice to anyone who comes by. If someone's a jerk, ignore them.

I really don't understand all this hysteria about "OMG I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO FLY!" "IT'S HARDLY WORTH HAVING A DRONE!"

It's really very simple people: Don't fly near other air traffic, and don't fly near other people. We live on a pretty big planet. If you can't find a place to fly, you're not looking very hard.
agreed

Gee.. I’m so glad I joined this group..people seem so nice here.. my Hover app is lit up with nfz and my drone won’t let me in many Areas . Would have been nice for a response like I would recommend....

After a year-long series of doubts and endless time on YouTube trying to make up my mind, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a good deal on the Mavic on EBay. Now, after some trial and error I’m connected but alas is an NFZ. Does anyone know of some good place to safely practice and hone my flight skills in the Dallas área. I’m not necessarily looking for something scenic at the moment but a location not to far from me(love field area) to learn all the modes, features and get my chops?
Welcome aboard. Don't know how you could have waited a year, must have more patience then I have. Hope the Dallas guys and point out some good places for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast