DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TNFZ

Lets Fly

Reactions
Funny thing when Trump was in West Palm before my Mavic Air was not allowed to fly. I live 32.5 miles from the center of the airport. He is here again and my M2Z can fly no problem. Perhaps the M2Z has a better reading of the supposed 30 mile radius .

Funny thing when Trump was in West Palm before my Mavic Air was not allowed to fly. I live 32.5 miles from the center of the airport. He is here again and my M2Z can fly no problem. Perhaps the M2Z has a better reading of the supposed 30 mile radius .

My thoughts are that if a TFR was issued for the Presidents aircraft, you would not be able to fly either the Mavic Air or the M2Z while the TFR is active. ?

DJI responding to TFR is dependent on if the TFR was published far enough in advance for DJI to incorporate into the database.

Just looked at geo map from Fly. The TFR is there for VIP. Two of them actually in concentric circles, active from 12/23 until 1/1. They are authorization zones so they can be unlocked. If you had unlocked, they won't show back up for hours to days.

I have marked my house approximately with the black arrow at the top of the TNFZ. It never covered my house in the past, and my Mavic air would not fly. Now on the map it shows it past my house and my M2Z will fly with no problem here. I have not pulled out the Mavic Air to see if it will fly now, also, the radius is supposed to be 30 miles and as I stated I live 32.5 from the airport center so I should be able to fly with no problem as I am now with the M2Z. The map has it well past that radius. I have never tried to unlock this zone. Just wondering about the accuracy of the DJI maps.767251BA-9EC0-4987-B17C-19EABB4EBB23_1_201_a.jpeg

I assume the first image is the TFR. The second is local airspace restrictions via GIS. However I don't know why one drone would fly while the other didn't except if the geofencing app is different between the two models. Could it depend on the latest updates?

The two concentric circles are definitely TFRs. If you click near the edge of the smaller one, it will show two nearly identical TFRs.
Closer in is the oddly shaped almost oval authorization zone for the airport.

This is a case of FAKE NEWS perpetuated by a Deep State conspiracy. Or maybe not.

Yes, Naked lady ranch has been there for a long time. Private airstrip and homes with their own hangers
like garages with driveways to the runway. Check it out on Google Map.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have marked my house approximately with the black arrow at the top of the TNFZ. It never covered my house in the past, and my Mavic air would not fly. Now on the map it shows it past my house and my M2Z will fly with no problem here. I have not pulled out the Mavic Air to see if it will fly now, also, the radius is supposed to be 30 miles and as I stated I live 32.5 from the airport center so I should be able to fly with no problem as I am now with the M2Z. The map has it well past that radius. I have never tried to unlock this zone. Just wondering about the accuracy of the DJI maps.View attachment 120202
It looks to me you’ve always been within the TFR. Weather DJI crazy town maps had you there or not is a different story.
It looks like the DJI maps are not showing the SUA carve out. The Secret Service authorized the carve out as SUA is the southernmost airport north Of the TFR. The rich and famous of Palm Beach have to land their jets there when the TFR is in effect.
You should always check with sky vector as it is authoritative. Even if DJI lets you launch I would not fly in that TFR.

Reactions: B52-D
It looks to me you’ve always been within the TFR. Weather DJI crazy town maps had you there or not is a different story.
It looks like the DJI maps are not showing the SUA carve out. The Secret Service authorized the carve out as SUA is the southernmost airport north Of the TFR. The rich and famous of Palm Beach have to land their jets there when the TFR is in effect.
You should always check with sky vector as it is authoritative. Even if DJI lets you launch I would not fly in that TFR.
I just tried to find the photo from last Christmas of the TNFZ when Trump came down and I must have deleted it. It did not cover my house at that time which is more than 30 miles from the airport, and again as I've said in the past not allowing a drone to fly thirty miles away is ridiculous to say the least, but it is what it is, and after January this will be over anyway.

I just tried to find the photo from last Christmas of the TNFZ when Trump came down and I must have deleted it. It did not cover my house at that time which is more than 30 miles from the airport, and again as I've said in the past not allowing a drone to fly thirty miles away is ridiculous to say the least, but it is what it is, and after January this will be over anyway.
The TFR has not changed so if you were not in it before you still are not.
It was hard to tell from the map you posted of where your house is.
There is little rhyme or reason the the DJI zones.
And yes after Jan 20 the TFR will be gone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23