DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To goggle or not to goggle?? Costco bundle comes with them but .......

AClineman

Reactions
But do I want or need them?

Newbie here looking to get the Mavic platinum. The goggles are included with the bundle. I am near sighted and read the paper and such without glasses, is that an issue pros and cons?

Also I have an I phone 7, do I use that with the controller?

Sorry for the dumb question just trying to educate myself before pulling the trigger.
Oh I also have an I pad, but I guess I can’t use that??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
But do I want or need them?

Newbie here looking to get the Mavic platinum. The goggles are included with the bundle. I am near sighted and read the paper and such without glasses, is that an issue pros and cons?

Also I have an I phone 7, do I use that with the controller?

Sorry for the dumb question just trying to educate myself before pulling the trigger.
Oh I also have an I pad, but I guess I can’t use that??

Thanks in advance.
The goggles are more of a novelty for me. They do have a nice big picture, but they are big and you are unable to see anything around you when wearing them. I don't use them a lot, but from time to time I use them. As for your other questions, yes you can use your phone and yes you can use the ipad.

Reactions: AClineman
I didn't mind the goggles. They're pretty comfy on my big head and fit around my glasses. The picture is large and right in your face which is something that I like since sometimes the glare from the sun can wash out phones/tablets and make them hard to see. I think it's fun as a super immersive way to chill and spend a day flying, but I mostly fly when I'm alone and it's technically against the rules to wear FPV goggles and fly without having someone else to act as your spotter. If you're not worried about that and have the extra buck, I think they're still kind of fun to have.

I bought the bundle a week a go. I was a bit hesitant due to not knowing if the goggles were worth it. But after a week I find I really like flying with them. My only real complaint it their size. They basically double the size of a travel setup. The main reason I bought the bundle from Costco is due to their return policy. I don't think I will be returning the drone and goggles. I am enjoying both and would recommend going that route if you have the extra money to cover the difference in price.

I bought the bundle a week a go. I was a bit hesitant due to not knowing if the goggles were worth it. But after a week I find I really like flying with them. My only real complaint it their size. They basically double the size of a travel setup. The main reason I bought the bundle from Costco is due to their return policy. I don't think I will be returning the drone and goggles. I am enjoying both and would recommend going that route if you have the extra money to cover the difference in price.
I also was concerned after I bought them that they interfered with the travel option, but I found this pack "Myriann dji Mavic pro Goggles case, I had to edit to remove the Amazon link that was to wrong product.
It has two separate cases for the Mavic Pro and one for the controller, they both go into custom pockets on the bottom. Goggles are a nice snug fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise