DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Tonight's video using 1 metre/sec mode

Paul Iddon

Reactions
DJI have introduced a "Tripod Mode" speed for the Mini 3 Pro.

In the latest update to their firmware, you can now set the maximum speed horizontally (and vertically) to as low as 1 metre a second.

This short video was filmed entirely with the joystick full forward throughout the journey. Music is "Watermark" by Enya.

Paul.

Last edited:
Really smooth Paul. No more accidentally nudging the forward stick

Yeah, should make things really smooth. Full throttle, edit the first second and last second of the clip, and a lovely constant flight from the middle for our content.

Paul.

Reactions: Mrktn
as i said in a previous post going so slowly does make for a super smooth video as did Tripod mode in the GO 4 app
and it will be great for flying in confined spaces and under the tree line did you have the drone in Bypass mode for that video

Reactions: Paul Iddon
as i said in a previous post going so slowly does make for a super smooth video as did Tripod mode in the GO 4 app
and it will be great for flying in confined spaces and under the tree line did you have the drone in Bypass mode for that video

Yes, bypass mode is my usual setting unless I want to go through a tight space, when I turn it off until I get through, then I turn it back onto bypass.

Reactions: old man mavic
are you aware that you can disable the sideways stick movement in Bypass, to stop you flying into obstacles either side of the drone ,i cant wait to try the new settings in bypass ,as up to now the drones reactions in bypass ,compared to brake or off have been quite jittery and abrupt ,no matter how gentle you are on the sticks ,being able to set these slow speeds in Cine mode for video, is going to be a game changer especially for me as i don't do any editing

Reactions: YVRGUY and Mrktn
are you aware that you can disable the sideways stick movement in Bypass, to stop you flying into obstacles either side of the drone ,i cant wait to try the new settings in bypass ,as up to now the drones reactions in bypass ,compared to brake or off have been quite jittery and abrupt ,no matter how gentle you are on the sticks ,being able to set these slow speeds in Cine mode for video, is going to be a game changer especially for me as i don't do any editing

Yes, I know about it but I cant recall what I have it set to off the top of my head, though I suspect I've not switched it off.

This new mode is going to be awesome for cinematic videos - that's what I mostly do (I think I've only used sports mode once!).

Paul.

Reactions: old man mavic
DJI have introduced a "Tripod Mode" speed for the Mini 3 Pro.

In the latest update to their firmware, you can now set the maximum speed horizontally (and vertically) to as low as 1 metre a second.

This short video was filmed entirely with the joystick full forward throughout the journey. Music is "Watermark" by Enya.

Paul.
Nice and smooth. Great application of this slow speed setting. Does it also throttle the yaw as well?

Nice and smooth. Great application of this slow speed setting. Does it also throttle the yaw as well?
I think you can adjust it too, and the brake speed.

Reactions: WanderLost
With my muscle memory I'll be flying 1cm/s now :). Nicely done, nice and slow.

Awesome video Paul

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure