DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total fake right?

WheelzWorld

Reactions
This is a total fake right? Which shots do you think comes actually from the Mavic?

I'm pretty sure that some of them are from a Mavic.
Others are from a stand alone tripod with some slow spin and all the rest are Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Rider
Aside from the ridiculously edited shot starting @ ~1:50, what makes these impossible for a Mavic to capture?

Tripod mode moving time lapse is very possible, I'm learning and practicing them still. Much tweeking to the mavic speed for it

I don't see why the mavic can't produce that film.

Also learning and reading highly about raw footage... yes that true color is from grading raw files lol

Well reading the title it suggests it was all done by the mavic but then there are some shots like looking at the stars between the trees at night or flying through intire Europe in the stratosphere. Then it made me think if some shots in the night could really been achieved by the mavic with that much low light as the one I had (and sent back for replacement) really had terrible capabilities in dark situations.

So I wonder if the shots clearly made by drone could all be done by the mavic or if it was a mix.

I'm trying to learn how time-lapse /hyperlapse day to night is done and unless you put 6pack of batteries on the mavic... I'm wondering also if this is possible... I HOPE it is.

But wondering what customization need to be done to acheive such results (if possible of course)

Like shots at 0:42 & 0:54 (day to night), 2:23 (starts between trees) or 3:32 (catching so good the dark spots)

Some shots certainly could've come from the Mavic. None of the longer time lapses since there's not enough battery life for that. The long time lapses look like mostly like they were shot with a motorized slider and three axis tracker. Some probably are from zooming or panning in post.

In any event it's a super nice collection of shots.

Reactions: WheelzWorld
Some shots certainly could've come from the Mavic. None of the longer time lapses since there's not enough battery life for that. The long time lapses look like mostly like they were shot with a motorized slider and three axis tracker. Some probably are from zooming or panning in post.

In any event it's a super nice collection of shots.
Yeah sure but would it be possible with the extra battery customization?

I really wanna dig the max potential of the mavic!

One thought on some of the day to night time lapse sections. This might be possible using waypoints. I have been able to get DJI GO 4 to repeatedly give me the same shot of the mountains, where I live. If you flew the shot taking one frame every X minutes, you would be able to land and resume the shot pretty quickly, time after time. That said, so much of this video could not have been done with the Mavic - but great shots, through and through...

One thought on some of the day to night time lapse sections. This might be possible using waypoints. I have been able to get DJI GO 4 to repeatedly give me the same shot of the mountains, where I live. If you flew the shot taking one frame every X minutes, you would be able to land and resume the shot pretty quickly, time after time. That said, so much of this video could not have been done with the Mavic - but great shots, through and through...
Yeah but for hyperlapse you would need a third party app to make mission levels right? Is that possible?

It's possible, you just need a tripod to hold it and a constant power supply plugged in. That and a trip up to the ISS. Jobs a good un.
Does any app (Waypoints, ground station, autopilot, etc.) allow you to plan a mission like for example :

-set 2 points, then, the app plan multiple points (quantity choosable) through the mission?

-give the option to stop at every point for a defined period of time?

-let you restart from a specific point in the mission?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman