DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking device

Ok so i have had my Trackimo for a few days now. I havent tested it on the Mavic but I have tested it on other things just so I can get the idea how it works. I knew going into this that if you dont have cell coverage you cant track it. According to there customer service that is right and wrong. It will track without cell coverage but you have no way of getting the data without coverage. The work around I see is to leave the Mavic where it is. Get to an area that has cell coverage, log into the app and get the GPS lat and long numbers. Plug the numbers into a handheld GPS unit and go searching. The unit does have bluetooth and will pinpoint it when your within Bluetooth range. I am not a fan of the iphone app. Your supposed to be able to ping it to locate it, because after 5 min of no movement it goes to sleep. The app doesnt seem to be able to do that. I had to go to the Trackimo web site log in and ping it that way. So i guess it ok as a backup, Im sure the Marco Polo is much better in every aspect

I will admit that the Marco Polo receiver is rather large, but it does fit in a pocket of my sling bag so it really doesn't matter as its very light. I have tested it in the field and it works very well, just like the radio directional finders we built to play 'Hair & Hound' back in my early HAM radio days. Now I just have to remember to keep the tag charged up, the receiver can be powered from a powerbank if needed.

This might sound a little off or not applicable. I just ordered a bunch of trackers from thetrackr.com These are a quarter size trackers that sync to your phone and track your keys or other items you are likely to lose. Your phone locates the signal and tells you the area it's in. They also have a community of users that will help you look for your lost item. Hard to explain, just go to their website and look it up. Anyway, I am going to attach one to my Mavic and see it it works next time I go up the mountains in my area. Does anyone have any information or experience with this tracking device?

Hahaha let me guess, Apple fan? [emoji13][emoji56][emoji16]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good luck with Trackimo. I purchased a 2G in January that wouldn't work, then a 3G that wouldn't work. It's the end of May and still waiting on my $200 refund.....which I assume I'll never see!

Consider a TBeacon. UHF based beacon. I put 'em on everything I fly- I'll do a write-up on how I did it on my Mavic. This thing has range- I can ping it from over 9 miles away across town and NOT in direct LOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom