DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with FAA and Police

Well i guess parade is fine if they're not letting off fireworks, balloons or anything that can go up in the sky,
A user error or hardware fault with a truck is unlikely to cause it to ascend vertically into the path of an aircraft. Unlike a drone.

What ATC could do if they realized what he was doing after they effectively approved him is call him.
I think the guy that took the OP's call, pretended to 'write' his details down on a 'piece of paper'. They didn't expect anyone crazy enough to be flying at the end of the runway. So they were scurrying around for the 'piece of paper'. They were probably the one who called the cops.

Reactions: zachschul22
Weird! Type F is where they drop parachutist into helicopter rotors according to that graph. I would love some drone footage of that if anyone is willing! :D

Here on Virginia we have 3 places were you can parachute dive and you can’t fly drone on that airspace so Type F most be real
Here some bad pics from other day
View attachment 46276

Last edited:
I know right? Also a questionable site for a parade wouldnt you think?

Parade still hasn't been posted so we don't know it existed unless the parade was to celebrate his arrogance of flying around an active runway.

I'm gonna call BS on the OP. He's been asked several times to post some pictures of the parade, and he hasn't done so. Looking at the airport theres no reason a parade would be held way out there. I've looked at over a hundred pictures of that parade and none were taken near the airport, which is almost 2 miles from were the parade was.
I don't know why the OP was flying near the airport but I really don't think it was to film the parade. If I'm wrong and the OP post pictures that he shot of the parade with the airport in view I then apologize, but like I said I can't fine any evidence that the parade was with in a mile or more of the airport.

Here's a screen shot from one of the videos:
f3287dbfec0b69e0778f8bb8ce97f929.png

Runway on the right and parade setup on the road.

You don't want to post that photo

That makes more sense. It wasn’t the actual parade. It was a staging area for the parade.
I will admit I found the story fishy as well.
That said it would have made better video in town while the parade was in progress from behind the crowd.

Also. OMG on the altitude and position in relation to the runway!

That makes more sense. It wasn’t the actual parade. It was a staging area for the parade.
I will admit I found the story fishy as well.
That said it would have made better video in town while the parade was in progress from behind the crowd.

Also. OMG on the altitude and position in relation to the runway!

I know but my friend was in the parade and I can't operate a drone from a moving vehicle. Which is why I flew it where I was and should not have.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
OP: Thanks for all your input and for answering some tough questions; we all learned a lot! Thanks for showing your hand to the skeptics as well; If you do hear from anyone let us know so we can follow along--Although we all agree that was a horrible place to fly a drone--I doubt you will hear anything from anyone because you didn't violate any regulation based on what you have told us! Happy flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PIOTR BARTOSIAK