DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trust vs. 107

107 The UAS is registered
Non107 The pilot is registered
Not exactly. If you read 44809 or pass a TRUST exam, you know that 44809(a)(8) requires that "The aircraft is registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of this title and proof of registration is made available ... upon request."

It's just that, if you want to register an aircraft for recreational use under 44809 only, the FAA doesn't collect any information about the aircraft itself; it only collects information about the owner. And they allow a single registration number to be used for multiple aircraft. You could claim that means it's the owner, not the aircraft, which is being registered, and there's some logic to that claim, but the law, both in Chapter 441 and section 44809, clearly claims it's the aircraft that's being registered.

Not exactly. If you read 44809 or pass a TRUST exam, you know that 44809(a)(8) requires that "The aircraft is registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of this title and proof of registration is made available ... upon request."

It's just that, if you want to register an aircraft for recreational use under 44809 only, the FAA doesn't collect any information about the aircraft itself; it only collects information about the owner. And they allow a single registration number to be used for multiple aircraft. You could claim that means it's the owner, not the aircraft, which is being registered, and there's some logic to that claim, but the law, both in Chapter 441 and section 44809, clearly claims it's the aircraft that's being registered.
If any of your aircraft are over .55 pounds, even if you are flying recreationally, you are supposed to add manufacturer, model, and aircraft SN to your inventory.

I just looked at my recreational FAA account this morning. I have one registration number. I have a Mini 2 and an Air 2S. ONLY the Air 2S is listed as required. It is covered by my one registration number the same as my Mini 2.

I just looked at my recreational FAA account this morning. I have one registration number. I have a Mini 2 and an Air 2S. ONLY the Air 2S is listed as required. It is covered by my one registration number the same as my Mini 2.
It is one registration number and that one number can be used for all your aircraft. Only aircraft over .55 pounds are required to be listed in your inventory, although I list all of mine just in case I put any accessories on them that would take them over .55 pounds. It doesn’t hurt to list them in your inventory.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman