DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying various SD card audio formats to get sound.

I spent a little time today trying to FTP into the goggles. I think the address was 192.168.42.3 but I could not get past the password and user name combo.

Rob
The goggles don't have WiFi. How could it be carrying that IP? I would think you would find it hiding behind some port on 127.0.0.1

EDIT: Derp, never mind. Got the same IP, but I can't even connect to it though.

Last edited:
Actually that's the IP the goggles gave your computer to talk to it. The goggles are 192.168.42.2

Ahh two heads are better than one.

Yes I am in:D

Some interesting stuff in there. It has the firmware files and lots of other stuff.

Rob

Ahh two heads are better than one.

Yes I am in:D

Some interesting stuff in there. It has the firmware files and lots of other stuff.

Rob
I found the demo files, but they're so weirdly encoded, none of my playback devices can open the jpg, the mp4, or wav file. :confused:o_O

I found the demo files, but they're so weirdly encoded, none of my playback devices can open the jpg, the mp4, or wav file. :confused:o_O

I ran into the same problem. I am not sure if the files are being corrupted on DL. I get error messages when I transfer the files but they end up at the same size on my hard drive. I think something is a bit wacky with the FTP protocol the goggles use.

The files that I did pull of would not play at all. I wish I had time tonight to fool with this but I have to put it down for another day. If you find out something let me know.

Rob

I ran into the same problem. I am not sure if the files are being corrupted on DL. I get error messages when I transfer the files but they end up at the same size on my hard drive. I think something is a bit wacky with the FTP protocol the goggles use.

The files that I did pull of would not play at all. I wish I had time tonight to fool with this but I have to put it down for another day. If you find out something let me know.

Rob
I note it has flight records I can open. Bury they're different from what is saved on the phone.

Every file downloaded from the FTP is served encrypted.
There is a program someone made to decrypt the files, that works on aircraft files but not on goggles files so as I previously mentioned they likely chose a different encryption key for the goggles. Extracting the key is beyond my capabilities/time I have available for that these days.

Every file downloaded from the FTP is served encrypted.
There is a program someone made to decrypt the files, that works on aircraft files but not on goggles files so as I previously mentioned they likely chose a different encryption key for the goggles. Extracting the key is beyond my capabilities/time I have available for that these days.

Thanks for the info Kilrah.
Yes it's going to take way too much time to figure out if it's even possible to decrypt them and then even if it works there is really nothing gained by it.

Either DJI does a firmware update to decode the audio on SD card stored files or it's pretty much a dead end for saving video on the goggles. That's pretty much a shame because it would be a nice way to playback post production videos with full audio.

Rob

Last edited:
and then even if it works there is really nothing gained by it.
Yes and no - even if less practical than the card one could likely throw our own videos onto the internal folder and have them appear in the demo videos.

Yes and no - even if less practical than the card one could likely throw our own videos onto the internal folder and have them appear in the demo videos.
We would need to know the encoding of audio and videos. Even more importantly, WHO THE **** STILL USES .WAV?

Kilrah and Cyber I thought about storing it on the internal card but judging by how compact they made those videos I doubt there is any space left for a big video file.

Also as Cyberpower said, "Wav files!"
Jeez the whole idea of ripping the tracks just seems ugly:eek:

Rob

I just tried to write some untouched mavic 1080P videos onto the SD card that was formatted by the goggles. I used the SD card reader in my PC and wrote them from the HD.
The files play fine on my PC from the SD card but the goggles do not recognize them.

It seems that only 1080 files that are transferred from the drone wirelessly to the SD card can be played back. Thats really odd, are they encrypting them when written?

Update:

It seems like a card that is formatted by the goggles does not contain the proper folders for the videos. After I transferred a file from the Mavic it created 2 main folders each with several sub directories. The file that was transferred from the drone ended up with a long name containing mostly zeros and was in MOV format.
Last I checked I had my settings to MP4 so I am not sure if something changed. It's late so I will do some more tests tomorrow. I did throw the MOV file into the PC and it played fine, so no encryption is being used.

Rob

Last edited:
I just tried to write some untouched mavic 1080P videos onto the SD card that was formatted by the goggles. I used the SD card reader in my PC and wrote them from the HD.
The files play fine on my PC from the SD card but the goggles do not recognize them.

It seems that only 1080 files that are transferred from the drone wirelessly to the SD card can be played back. Thats really odd, are they encrypting them when written?

Update:

It seems like a card that is formatted by the goggles does not contain the proper folders for the videos. After I transferred a file from the Mavic it created 2 main folders each with several sub directories. The file that was transferred from the drone ended up with a long name containing mostly zeros and was in MOV format.
Last I checked I had my settings to MP4 so I am not sure if something changed. It's late so I will do some more tests tomorrow. I did throw the MOV file into the PC and it played fine, so no encryption is being used.

Rob
Extraordinary efforts by them to really restrict these devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21